Staff Spotlight
Juliette DEliseo
Juliette D'Eliseo
Sports Editor

Juliette D’Eliseo is a junior and Sports Editor of The Sage. She enjoys video editing and filming. She is going to play volleyball in college and study Film and Directing.

Senioritis Guarantees College Admission

Leah Ertel
College is the next major step after high school filled with responsibilities and plans for the future. Senioritis is a common disease plaguing the 2024 senior class, yet it works in their favor as it helps increase the chances of admission.

As the spring season approaches, bringing allergies, rain and new beginnings, it also carries with it college acceptance letters and the rejection emails no one wants to receive from their dream schools. 

For guaranteed admission, students have found a way to cheat the system by adding their daily struggle of combating senioritis to their application essays. 

The results of college acceptance signifies the beginning of the end towards seniors’ last couple of months in their high school career. Specifically at Sage Creek with its three-trimester system, the end is not fully upon the students yet: there is still work to be done, tests to be taken and homework to be caught up on.

Seniors who have been accepted into their dream schools are starting to slack off and lose interest in their school work. Their motivation is lost as they have accomplished what they have been striving for for the past 13 years: applying for college. Senioritis is the real deal, a disease that has plagued students at Sage Creek high and many are not afraid to admit it.

However, this year has been the best ever for “those seniors,” the ones plagued with the ailment of laziness. Students put in their admission essays how deeply they have been struggling with Senioritis in hopes of gaining sympathy points. 

With the college acceptance rate increasing to 65%, it seems to be working. UC schools as well as Cal States believe that these seniors are the best candidates to represent their schools for Senioritis is brought on by overworking and becoming burnt out from all the efforts put in earlier in the year.

Kyla Smith, a senior who is excited for her new chapter in college, said, “Vote me for the worst case of Senioritis!” As Yearbook sends out forms for Senior Superlatives, Smith has no fear in admitting that she is the best candidate for the title. 

For future applicants, contracting Senioritis is such a great addition since colleges look for well-rounded students engaged in school as well as extracurriculars. 

________________________________________

This was a satirical piece in honor of April Fools Day