Staff Spotlight
Omar Tabet
Omar Tabet
Staff Reporter

Omar Tabet is a sophomore at Sage Creek and is a staff reporter for The Sage.  In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball, soccer, surfing, and swimming.

“Addams Family” Play Premieres

Uncle Fester, a character in the play, has fallen in love with the moon. The play had a lot of highlights like this dance, and the audience loved them.
Photo By Helen Hao

On Thursday night, Oct. 26 at 7 p.m Sage Creek Drama Department debuted “The Addams Family” play at the Performing Arts Center. It also played on Oct. 27 at the same time and Oct. 28 at 2 p.m. The play illustrates Wednesday Addams, the main character falling in love with a young, sharp man, Lucas.

“This play and “Into The Woods” are the best plays by far for this year,” Mrs. Jillian Porter-Eschelman, the theater teacher for Sage Creek said. She said that rehearsals started near the start of the year in August. She said that her favorite part about planning the play was working with her students because of how much they worked and loved doing the play.

In the play, the background characters are the ancestors and are all afraid of losing their beloved Wednesday. Wednesday is in love with Lucas, a boy from a kind, rich family – the Addams’ worst nightmare. (Photo By Helen Hao)

Porter cannot choose between her favorite plays that her class put together. She added that she is very thankful for people coming to the “Addams Family” play.

Daisy Byrnes, a 10th-grade student at Sage Creek went to see the play and was so excited. “I am thrilled to see the play because a lot of my friends are in it and I can’t wait to see them perform. I also have some art on the walls,” she said.

Byrnes said that she has enjoyed watching the new series “Wednesday,” but can’t remember if she’s seen the 1991 version of “The Addams Family.” At the end of opening night, she said that she enjoyed the play.

In the play, Lucas and his parents are invited to the Addams family house for dinner, whilst Wednesday has a surprise for the family about her and Lucas. Gomez has to keep a secret from his beloved Morticia, and Morticia gets suspicious of Gomez. 

Spectators really liked the art shown in the lobby of the Performing Arts Center. Artists worked very hard to complete their work for the play and for a great cause. (Photo By Helen Hao)

There are many more fun highlights, like Uncle Fester being in love with the moon, Pugsley being devastated about his sister slipping through his fingers, Lucas’ mom drinking a potion and going crazy. All tickets were sold out for the Thursday show, and many people enjoyed the play.

The play amused Bobcats and other audiences, and the tickets sold out fast, so hopefully people got to them quickly. Sage Creek Drama will present “Into The Woods” in winter.