Staff Spotlight
Leila Adams
Leila Adams
Staff Reporter

Leila is a freshman at Sage Creek High School and a staff reporter for The Sage News. Outside of school, she dives for the Mission Viejo Nadadores.

Fall Formal Is Just Around The Corner!

An ASB poster reminds the students that fall formal is on Nov. 4. ASB has put together an old Hollywood theme dance this year.
Photo By Isaac Danon

Fall Formal is around the corner, Bobcats! It’s almost time for Sage Creek students to get together at Carlsbad Flower Fields and dance the night away with their friends and other members of the Bobcat Den. Fall formal will be held on Saturday, Nov. 4 from 7-10 p.m..

“It’s obviously the first dance of the school year!” said ASB treasurer Kailynn Merino-Ott. “It gives the students a chance to dress up fancy for a night.”

Fall Formal at Sage Creek is an excellent experience for students to socialize with one another through entertainment and dancing. 

“It is a great way to create so many memories and build connections with people throughout the Sage Creek community,” said ASB Vice President Carter Halenza. 

Dances also allow students to express themselves towards their dates or simply have a good time. 

“Fall formal is going to be super exciting!” said ASB director Valerie Tapia. “The theme is old Hollywood, and we have a lot of fun things planned.”

Aside from being a hotspot for dancing and DJ bands, dances can help ease the stress of upcoming final examinations.

“Fall formal benefits mental health because students can let loose, have fun, play games, eat snacks, dance with their friends without school stress,” said Tapia.

Finals week is also around the corner, which means that students around campus will be experiencing heightened anxiety to prepare for projects and exams. On the bright side, the fall ball will be around for students to take a breather and loosen up on the dance floor before their exams. 

“It gives everyone a chance to have a great time with their friends,” said Halenza. “The dance will have so many activities, such as dancing with the DJ, giant video games, photo booths, fire pits and full catering.”

Sage Creek school dances are also a way for students to experience a little freedom and independence every once and a while. 

An ASB staff member hands out dance agreement forms to students attending fall formal. Dance agreements and fall formal tickets are due Nov. 3. (Photo By Isaac Danon)

“It also gives them the time to have fun and also be away from their family and their life and have a night for themselves,” said Merino-Ott. 

Here’s some helpful advice before attending a fall formal dance. It’s a semi-formal event, so students presumably can’t get away with ripped jeans and a T-shirt. 

“If students are planning to wear heels, students should wear flat shoes or block heels because it’s very sandy,” Tapia said. “It’s a semi-formal, but we aren’t going to turn anyone away, we want everybody to feel comfortable in what they’re wearing.”  

Since it’s a school dance, don’t break any of the Sage Creek school dress codes.

“It is our second most formal event behind prom, we encourage students to dress nicely to their best ability,” said Halenza. “We expect all of our students to be on their best behavior and be their BEST.”  

Students shouldn’t even think of wearing any piece of clothing that represents inappropriate language that might incite some violence

According to the dance agreement, students must display their student ID cards and vow to refuse inappropriate dancing or be asked to leave. 

Tickets are on sale in the student store and on the webstore. The student store is open during lunch on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and on Thursdays during lunch and after school.  Dance agreements must be signed and turned in before purchasing tickets. 

The ticket prices are $55 with an ASB sticker and $75 without until the deadline on Nov. 3. Guests are $75 no matter the date of purchase. There is financial assistance available by reaching out to a SCHS staff member, such as Mrs. Tapia. 

“There will be security and breathalyzer tests before you enter,” said Halenza. 

There will be no ticket sales at the entrance of the Carlsbad Flower Fields.