Inside Winter Sports

Boys Basketball

Boys varsity basketball last year had a record of 14 wins and 18 losses. While they were able to win a Division III CIF title, the boys were unable to win a game in state, losing to Twentynine Palms High School 67-63. With the loss of eight seniors, players look to bounce back for this year. “I see us repeating [CIF] again,” said senior Brett Crawford.

With the addition of a few freshman and some of last year’s JV players, senior Tyler Sun is ready for the year to come. “This year we added three new players to our program. All of them are very skilled and I am very excited to play with them.”

Girls Basketball

Tim Baxter
Girls Basketball

Girls basketball was only able to make it to the second round of CIF last year and lost three seniors. But with new players, the team looks to take over. Last year, the Lady Bobcats finished the season with seven wins and 15 losses. “This year is going great so far! All the games should be super exciting, especially with the competitive league we are in,” senior Emma McHale said.

Boys Soccer

Boys Soccer

With a loss of only two seniors, the boys soccer team looks to come out strong. ALthough last year’s team came away with three wins, 13 losses, and three ties, players feel very confident about this year. “Hopefully we can be a lot better than last year, and we have improved with the aging of our team, and everyone’s a lot bigger, better and stronger,” senior Kevin Cooke said.

“We have improved, and with a new coach we are very organized,” junior Adam Saltier said.

Girls Soccer

Girls Soccer

The Lady Bobcats came out strong last year, ending with a 11-7-5 record overall. “I am really excited to see how our young and new to this level players fill those roles,” junior Mary Grace Feldmann said, with girls varsity soccer having lost nine seniors last year (five of them being starters). The Ladies also have a brand-new coaching staff. “Our biggest goal moving forward is to win CIF finals and create a lasting legacy with the girls soccer program being a family,” said Feldmann.

Wrestling

Wrestling looks to come out strong against their opponents. With an increasing size of interest in the girls wrestling team, the ladies have entered their own girl tournaments, with many tournaments for CO-ED as well. “I hope this year will turn out just as good as last year’s, if not better. I am really excited to see new players joining,” junior Austin Munoz said.