Holiday Activities That Will Put You In a Festive Mood

Jade Huynh

Our winter break is coming up and that means a lot of free time for some people. Here are a list of things you should cross off your things to do list this winter.

Balboa Christmas Lights

This event has already passed, but for future reference, the annual Balboa Christmas lights are held on the first Friday and Saturday of December. Balboa Christmas Lights has grown so much  over the years  that this event is now managed by the City of San Diego. Every year, guests can enjoy music performances, food from different cultures, and the admission is free.

Downtown San Diego Lights

Want to see more Christmas lights and willing to drive around? Check out this list of homes that San Diego Family published and put together. These lights will light up the night and fill the air with Christmas cheer.

Sea World

Sea World is holding various events in the honor of Christmas. This year, a new event, O Wondrous Night, will be added alongside Santa’s Christmas Village, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Dolphin Island Christmas, and Clyde and Seamore’s Christmas Special. If you’re into animals and a theme park filled with Christmas decorations, then this is something to check out. More information can be found here: https://seaworld.com/san-diego/events/christmas/

Legoland

Christmas at Legoland will light up your holiday spirit. Legoland will showcase a lego made Christmas tree that will light up and fill the amusement park with Christmas joy. Legoland will also offer holiday treats for those of you who have a major sweet tooth around this season.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas Play

The Old Globe is putting up a family friendly and widely known story, How the Grinch Stole Christmas in honor of this holiday season. It will be in performed till December 24. It’s a perfect for anyone wanting to entertain young ones for the holidays.

Ice Skating

Interested in something local? Head over to Ice Town located in Carlsbad. It’ll give you the perfect winter feel with the cold temperatures  and Christmas decorations. If Ice Skating is your thing, Ice Town offers holiday lessons as well.

The Nutcracker

Around this time of the year, the San Diego Civic Center showcases its annual Nutcracker in the celebration of the holidays. The Nutcracker is a ballet performance originating from 1892 based on a little girl during Christmas eve where she witnesses toys coming alive at midnight.

These holiday festivities are sure to put you in a joyful spirit, so make sure you throw on the warm winter coat and head on out there!