Lil Pump’s Debut Album Will Make You Lose Brain Cells

Lil Pump’s “Lil Pump” by Lil Pump

If you’ve ever been on SoundCloud, you’ve most likely heard of Lil Pump.  Lil Pump is a 17 y/o artist who makes trap music that’s raw and full of energy. I would define his music as pure ignorant music to head bang to. At a party, a club, or just with a couple of friends, Lil Pump’s music will get you hyped up. After several years of uploading songs that would turn into hits like “D Rose” and more recently, “Gucci Gang”, Lil Pump announced his self titled mixtape “Lil Pump” to be released October 6th. Now if you need something to go dumb to this album is for you. If you are going for something that is lyrically rich and has great lines full of meaning, do not come near 10 feet of this for God’s sake.

This mixtape’s main focus in my opinion is to just to make bangers, nothing more, nothing less. All of it’s material in the tape consists of some amazing beats, and catchy hooks. There is nothing new or versatile in the duration of the tape, but it consistently brings us bangers after bangers. Many or all of the songs have cookie cutter hooks repeating the same words over, and over again. Although the lyrics are extremely simplistic, (no seriously, anybody with a knowledge of english can write these), they are very catchy and can really get into your head. For example in the song “Pinky Ring”, featuring Rick Ross and SmokePurpp, the chorus repeats the word “Pinky Ring” ten times in a row…ten. Not to mention that all of his choruses sound like this, repeating a few words. In his song “Gucci Gang”, by a big surprise he repeats “Gucci Gang” a whopping 16 times. Just listening to these choruses makes my iq drop tremendously, but I can’t even tell because the songs are such super  fun and aggressive.

There is not really anything else to say about this album, it’s a short 36 minute hyped filled pile of chaos. Although it won’t be something that you will come back to listen to a lot, in my opinion, it was a good debut album to show what Lil Pump is all about. My score/rating would be somewhere in the range of a 3-4/10 for the fact that it’s pretty much just music you would listen to if you were at some crazy party with your friends. You can listen to “Lil Pump” on all streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, Google Play, and of course, SoundCloud.

Editor’s Note: This article has since been changed as the old version was a draft mistakenly posted.

Jeff DunhamNov 8, 2017 at 9:05 am

Also do one on Joji’s new album

Jeff DunhamNov 8, 2017 at 9:04 am

I demand your respect for Lord and Savior Lil Pump. Very mean to all of his fans by the way. Also you can’t lose brain cells if you don’t have a brain.

• N

nick gursNov 7, 2017 at 9:31 am

To be honest, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Lil Pump.

• T

TyroneNov 6, 2017 at 7:38 am

This is extremely offensive, I thoroughly enjoy listening to Lil Pump, and the idea of me losing brain cells from listening to a rapper is a ludicrous idea. How dare you go around declaring your biast statements in order to degrade such successful people just to compensate for your lame life.

• N

Nolan BarryNov 6, 2017 at 2:05 pm

To be fair Tyrone it is true that listening to Gazzy Garcia’s music will technically cause you to lose brain cells. according to Laura Guelman, project coordinator and researcher at the Center for Pharmacological and Botanical Studies (Cefybo) at the University of Buenos Aires (UBA) listening to music through head phones at levels of noise between 95 and 97 decibels which is around 70 percent volume on your average earbuds will cause irreversible brain damage. And all though this has nothing to do with Lil pumps lyrics such as repeating the words “gucci Gang” or “pinky ring” it does have to do with the extremely prevalent low pitched tones such as the extreme bass in his songs as these sounds do the most damage to the inner ear, although higher pitches will do the most damage these are not present in any music. so overall you will technically “lose brain cells” by listening to lil Pump’s music

• D

Dalton MillerNov 6, 2017 at 2:19 pm

You are a very nice boi nolan, i would like to say ur coment made me nicer and i want to meet you in person to chat