Sage Creek High School

5 Things to Know

Nicolas Reynoso, Staff Writer

Want to Stand in the Limelight? Here’s Your Chance!

Auditions for Theatre 3 begin next week. Each one will take place during lunch and after school Monday through Wednesday. In order to join, students must recite a one-minute monologue, and then take part in a group interview with Ms. Porter and senior theatre students afterwards.

Pick Up Your Prom Tickets Soon!

Today is your last chance to buy Prom tickets at $80 dollars. Starting May 1, tickets will be sold at $85 dollars for students with an ASB sticker, and $95 dollars for students without one. The student store will also be open during off-roll periods, so be sure to pick a ticket up while there’s time!

Eight Seniors Share Their Genius Project Journeys

May 18 will be the day of the First Annual Genius Project Symposium. The event will last from 6:30-9:00 p.m. at the Bobcat Arena, and will feature seniors Ryan Nemiroff, Anna Perhach, Madison Surrency, Caly Ball, Shade Young, Juliette Evans, Heather Feldmann, and Beau Prince as they talk about the experiences they’ve had over the past year. You can fill out the form for a free ticket to the event here.

Students Will Be Able to Rest A Little Easier…Eventually

In 2020, school will start at 8:30 yay! As students, our days often start off with being bleary-eyed in bed, wishing that school started just a bit later. Legislature Bill 328 seeks to do just that. If passed, it will require middle and high schools alike to start no earlier than 8:30 in the morning, starting in the year 2020.

Abandon Hope All Ye Test-Takers

Next week, students will be taking part in the AP Exams. If you’re taking one of these soon, be sure to study up. Good luck!