Transformers The Last Knight Teaser: 5 Things We’ve Learned

Chris Beauchamp

In 2017, the Autobots and the Decepticons will be rolling out once again in the next installment of the Transformers franchise, Transformers: The Last Knight. The first teaser trailer for the film was released online, and revealed some very interesting things about the plot and overall story. Here are five things that I learned from the trailer and what this means for the film itself.

1. The Humans Are Still Hunting Down Transformers

In the last film, Transformers: Age Of Extinction, the autobots were being hunted down by human forces because the humans now view the transformers as a threat to their planet due to the events that happened in the third film, Transformers: Dark Of The Moon. Because of this, the autobots went into hiding to avoid capture (basically, they’re being robots in disguise). Now, in The Last Knight, they continue the storyline and mainly focus on the transformers than the human characters.

1. Knights Will Play A Big Role In The Last Knight

The main theme for Transformers: The Last Knight is medieval times and knights. The film will be introducing Merlin and King Arthur to the franchise, who are two iconic figures from medieval times. The knight theme was first introduced in Age Of Extinction, which introduced Optimus Prime being a knight for the very first time. This will be the first time the knight theme is explored in the Transformers franchise.

1. Hot Rod Will Make His Live Action Movie Debut

Hot Rod is an autobot character that was first introduced in the 1986 animated movie, Transformers: The Movie. He plays an important role in the Transformers mythology as he is the successor of Optimus Prime. In the 1986 movie, Optimus prime dies and passes the Matrix of Leadership to Hot Rod and he becomes the new leader of the autobots named Rodimus Prime. The Last Knight will mark the very first time Hot Rod is seen in the live-action movie franchise.

1. Megatron Will Return In The Last Knight

Not only will we be getting a classic character like Hot Rod, we also will see the return of the leader of the decepticons, Megatron. In Age Of Extinction, the main villains were Galvatron and Lockdown. While Lockdown is a bounty hunter, Galvatron is an upgraded version of Megatron created by the humans to hunt down the autobots. Now, in The Last Knight, Megatron will make his return and will do whatever he can to defeat the heroic autobots.

1. Predaking, Nemesis Prime and Unicron Will Possibly Make An Appearance

Based on speculation, we can possibly see the appearance of three big characters from the Transformers franchise. The first one is the decepticon known as Predaking. Predaking is a robotic beast who can transform into a dragon. He comes from a race of transformers known as Predacons. The second character that can make an appearance is Nemesis Prime. He is an evil version and a clone of Optimus Prime, which was first introduced in the original Transformers show in 1985. He was created by the decepticons to defeat the autobots in the original cartoon. The final character that can make an appearance is the chaos bringer himself, Unicron. Unicron is a planet-sized transformer that devourers planets of life. He has no allegiance and wishes to destroy the entire universe. He first appeared in the 1985 animated movie, Transformers: The Movie. These characters have never been introduced in the live action movies and would add a plethora of cool concepts for the Transformers Cinematic Universe.

Overall, the teaser trailer has introduced countless interesting concepts for the film itself and has a lot of potential to establish a fascinating live action universe for the Transformers franchise. And yes, Michael Bay is still directing these movies. So, expect a lot of explosions and nationwide advertisement.