Staff Spotlight
Isaac Danon
Isaac Danon
Staff Reporter

Isaac is a junior at Sage Creek and he’s a staff reporter for The Sage. In his free time, he enjoys drawing anime characters and making Capcut videos for volunteer organizations. Also, he sells exclusive...

Learning About Ramadan
The Sage: April 17, 2024
The Sage: April 17, 2024
The Sage: April 10, 2024
The Sage: April 10, 2024
Dr. Churchill speaks to students on the first day of Ally Week. More and more students joined in as the week went on.
Sage Creek GSA Hosts Ally Week

Sage Creek High: Student-Staff Hot Potato Basketball Face-Off

A basketball is being shot into the hoop.  Students and Staff will have less time to aim their shot.
Omar Tabet
A basketball is being shot into the hoop. Students and Staff will have less time to aim their shot.

In a twist that has left both students and staff scratching their heads,  Sage Creek High School has made a peculiar addition to the Student vs. Staff Basketball game.  A new rule has been made called “Hot Potato,” where the players must pass the ball every three seconds or else they risk getting kicked out of the game.  

The announcement came as a shock to many, with staff and students both wanting some clarification on this issue.  However, it has already been decided, and there is no going back.

“I believe that the new ‘Hot Potato’ rule will add an exciting and unpredictable atmosphere in the game, “  said Anant Sharma, a sophomore at Sage Creek.

While some students welcomed this, others were less enthusiastic about the concept of constantly passing the ball.

“I don’t know about this,” said Zachary Rable, a sophomore at Sage Creek, “I feel like this will drive the game into chaos and there will be no point in trying to score.”

Despite the skepticism and confusion, preparations for the game have already taken place.  Players are busy practicing their skills and devising strategies for this new change, and the referees are preparing for the chaos.

________________________________________

This is a satire for April Fools’ Day