The Sage: June 1, 2022

Broadcast from June 1, 2022

Anchors: Jason Chase, Madeline Mack.

Stories Covered:

• Genius Project Symposium; by Nick Cepek, Lulu Horne, Jason Chase.
  • Seniors’ Advice; by Cooper Hancock, Leah Ertel, Tomiris Gumar.
  • Sage Sendoff; by Benzrussel Lopez.
More to Discover
About the Contributors
Jason Chase, Co-Broadcast Editor-in-Chief
Jason Chase, a senior, returns to The Sage for his final year. He loves to enjoy a good baseball game and hang out with friends. He works hard and looks to improve the broadcast department and leave a long impression on The Sage.
Madeline Mack, Web Editor-in-Chief
Madeline Mack, this year's Web Editor-in-Chief of The Sage, is committed to representing the diversity of people and interests at Sage Creek making The Sage a center for community connection. When she isn’t writing and editing, you can find her running with the cross country team, reading books by Black female authors, and spending time in nature with her family.
Benz Lopez, Staff Reporter
Benzrussel Lopez, a senior, returns for his third year of polishing up The Sage, and he’s passionate about making it look even better. Benz enjoys wasting his free time on video design, on R6 or FFXIV, or letting his inner extrovert rage. He declares himself a proud and avid enthusiast of audio, computer mouses, mechanical pencils, public transit, and Thai tea. Benz hopes to spark fire into those at Sage Creek who are interested in video and animation.
Leah Ertel, Opinion Editor
Leah Ertel is a Senior and Opinion editor this year returning for her last and final year on The Sage.  In her free time, she enjoys reading, painting, Girl Scouting, and spending time outdoors.
Tomiris Gumar, Executive Director
Tomiris Gumar is a senior and Executive Director for The Sage. In her free time, she goes to Carlsbad Village to support local businesses and enjoy blueberry cheesecake ice cream on the beach in the company of her close friends.
Nick Cepek, Executive Director
Nick Cepek is a senior in his fourth year of The Sage. This year he is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of The Sage website and broadcast section.
Lulu Horne, Staff Reporter
Lulu Horne is a Senior at Sage Creek High School and is currently in her third year as a Staff Reporter for The Sage. Outside of school she enjoys dancing classical ballet and performing cello with Civic Youth Orchestra. She enjoys reading fantasy and classics in her free time.