Ranking the Top 10 Picks in the NFL Draft

For the second consecutive year, the Jacksonville Jaguars had the first overall pick in the NFL Draft. After giving up an average of 26.9 points per game during the 2021 NFL season, the Jaguars are trying to rebuild their defense with the selection of Travon Walker.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Georgia DE Travon Walker

During the 2021 college football season, Walker won a national championship and had an impressive 37 tackles.

2. Detroit Lions: Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson

The Detroit Lions had only 30 sacks during the 2021 NFL season. The Lions hope to increase their number of sacks next season and improve their defense with the selection of Aidan Hutchinson. 

3. Houston Texans: LSU DB Derek Stingley Jr.

The Houston Texans gave up 6,535 yards to opposing offenses during the 2021 NFL season. The Texans hope to give up fewer yards next season and improve their secondary with the selection of Derek Stingley. 

4. New York Jets: Cincinnati DB Ahmad Gardner

The New York Jets ranked last in yards allowed during the 2021 NFL season, giving up a whopping 6,760 yards to opposing offenses. The Jets hope to strengthen their weak secondary with the selection of Ahmad Gardner.

5. New York Giants: Oregon DE Kayvon Thibodeaux

The New York Giants had only 34 sacks during the 2021 NFL season. The Giants hope to reinforce their weak defense with the selection of Kayvon Thibodeaux.

6. Carolina Panthers: North Carolina State OL Ikem Ekwonu

After five consecutive defensive players were drafted, the Carolina Panthers broke the trend. The Panthers gave up 52 sacks during the 2021 NFL season. The Panthers hope to improve their offensive line and protect quarterback Sam Darnold with the selection of Ikem Ekwonu.

7. New York Giants (from Chicago): Alabama OL Evan Neal

The New York Giants gave up 38 sacks during the 2021 NFL season. With their second first-round pick, the Giants hope to reinforce their offensive line and protect quarterback Daniel Jones with the selection of Evan Neal.

8. Atlanta Falcons: USC WR Drake London

The Atlanta Falcons scored an average of only 18.4 points per game during the 2021 NFL season. After losing quarterback Matt Ryan and wide receiver Calvin Ridley, the Falcons hope to have a resurgent offense next season with the selection of Drake London.

9. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver): Mississippi State OL Charles Cross

The Seattle Seahawks gave up 46 sacks during the 2021 NFL season. After losing quarterback Russel Wilson, the Seahawks hope to improve their offensive line and protect whoever plays quarterback next season with the selection of Charles Cross.

10. New York Jets (from Seattle): Ohio State WR Garret Wilson 

The New York Jets had only 5,208 yards during the 2021 NFL season. With their second first-round pick, the Jets hope to improve their offense with the selection of Garret Wilson.