Choose Your Path Showcase Displays Bobcat Pride

• Students and families explore multiple career pathways. The showcase exemplified the talent across CUSD schools.

• Freshman Carissa Lu greets visitors at the front of the showcase entrance. The event invited families and students to see what the different high schools and middle schools within the district have to offer.

• An array of Sage Creek booths are showcased in the Carlsbad High School courtyard. The strong establishment of pathways at Sage drew in eager crowds.

• Junior Nick Cepek and AP Language and Composition teacher Shannon Alberts offer information on the Genius Project. The Genius Project is unique to Sage Creek and offers a real-world, personal experience for many.

• Junior Nathaniel Key and Principal Jesse Schuveiller fly a drone over the event with the Computer Science Pathway booth. Sage Creek administration and staff came out to the event to support the booths on display.

• Computer science students and CTE-computer science teacher Saied Moezzi lay out a variety of their projects. The Computer Science Pathway offers the opportunity to learn about coding, primarily focusing upon Python.

• Juniors Reilly Goueth and Natalie Eldridge assist Biomedical Science teachers Juli Bachman and Valerie Park in displaying a variety of experiments. The Biomedical Science Pathway has become popular at Sage Creek, offering four years of enriching content.

• The biomedical science booth allows for visitors to interact with their display such as explaining how to use a micropipette. The pathway itself is often hands-on with multiple experiments to learn from.

• Yearbook editors and yearbook advisor Melissa Barry introduce Sage Creek’s Yearbook pathway. The team aims to preserve high school memories within the pages of the annual yearbook.

• Sage Creek’s yearbook editors speak to families about the program and display previous yearbooks. Yearbook offers experience in camera work, interviewing skills and creative development.

• Photography teacher Jodi Williams and freshmen Robyn Ettesvol and Mariah Mattull showcase the equipment utilized within digital photography courses. The Digital Photography Pathway offers experience not only behind the camera, but with editing softwares as well such as Adobe Photoshop.

• MiraCosta College and Palomar College speak to post-secondary plans and the ability to take courses for high school credit. The outreach of these local community colleges permit easy access to necessary guidance and materials.