Winter Events in Carlsbad this December

A young girl skates across the ice at an ice rink. Icetown Carlsbad not only lets citizens enjoy the holiday spirit with ice skating but also offers classes where people can learn to skate.
Photo Taken From do512family.com

What’s a better way to get into the holiday spirit than by attending some fun winter festivities? Carlsbad continues to return to normalcy by celebrating this holiday season with jolly Christmas events. 

Legoland Winter Events

Two Legoland winter-themed characters roam around the park greeting guests. Behind the characters is Legoland’s classic 30 foot tall Christmas tree. (Photo Taken From legoland.com)

After skipping the past year’s festivities due to the pandemic, Legoland has returned with their annual winter fun. In addition to their classical holiday characters waltzing around the park and their 30-foot lego tree covered with over 400 ornaments, Legoland will have mounds of artificial snow. Located in Funtown, kids can play in a winter wonderland, sliding down the heaps of snow with the provided inner tubes.

“You can go there and slide down the snow slide, you can build snowmen and snow angels, basically a lot of fun,” Legoland employee, Braedon Collett, said.

In celebration of the New Year, Legoland will also be holding a “brick drop.” The drop will occur on New Year’s Eve a few hours before the yearly New York ball drops. The event takes place in Miniland New York as the Lego citizens gather in Times Square waiting for a Lego brick to drop from the top of a pole. 

Holiday Spectacular

Santa Claus sits on a large green chair waving to the children in line. Yearly, the Forum Carlsbad offers children the chance to talk and take photos with Santa Claus. (Photo Taken From nj1015.com)

On December 12, the Paseo Plaza Real will be hosting a Holiday Spectacular from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Courtyard next to La Costa Coffee Roasting. The Holiday Spectacular will offer a meet and greet with Santa Claus, where guests will be given one free printout they can bring home with them. 

Fun winter-themed crafts, face painting, balloon twisting, and a coloring station will also be available. This family-friendly event is free and open to the public.  

“Holding this event is a way that we can give back to the community and bring a sense of festivity because we did miss out on last year…so this year we can bring the community together and have a fun festive celebration,” Paseo Plaza Real Marketing Director, Breana Yore, stated.

Gingerbread Classes 

A festive gingerbread house sits on a display plate. The Park Hyatt Aviara Resort gives guests the opportunity to build their own gingerbread houses with the help of their expert pastry team. (Photo Taken From creativebug.com)

With the winter season comes lots of fun holiday treats, the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort will be hosting their annual gingerbread classes once again. Only offered on December 18 and 19, guests have the chance to build gingerbread houses with the help of the resort’s expert pastry team for $75 per person. 

Each participant will be given their own table with gingerbread items, icing and any other tools guests may need to construct their house. After the pastry team gives a step-by-step tutorial they will begin helping guests and give advice when needed. 

Having offered these classes for nearly eight years, the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort’s gingerbread classes have become a tradition among the community. 

“I think especially at this property, we have a long history of holiday offerings…it’s something that has become a tradition for a lot of people and I think every year it can be something they look forward to doing,” Park Hyatt Aviara Resort’s Director of Marketing Emily Koch said. “For young children, it’s a very fun activity to get them involved in the holiday season and it’s just something we’ve found over the year that is well received.”

The Park Hyatt Aviara Resort will also be holding other holiday events such as the Teddy Bear Tea and the High Tea at the Park

As these and many other seasonal events reappear, citizens rejoice at the opportunity to celebrate and participate in the winter season.