Pumpkin Pie Parfait
We have a pumpkin pie parfait! This recipe can be enjoyed as a dessert, for breakfast, or as a midday snack to brighten up your afternoon! The recipe itself only takes around 20 minutes to prep, and since it’s a parfait, there’s no baking required.
For the pumpkin smoothie, you will need:
6 frozen pumpkin puree cubes
½ frozen banana
¾ cup non-dairy milk
¼ cup walnuts
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1-3 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoon molasses
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
For the rest of the parfait, you will need:
⅓ cup coconut whip
½ cup granola
For the pumpkin puree cubes:
- Scoop pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin into ice cube trays.
For the smoothie:
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend them on high until the smoothie is perfectly smooth- try to avoid any chunks. If you’re not using a high-speed blender, let the pumpkin puree cubes thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Assembling the ingredients:
- Grab two glasses and put ¼ of the smoothie in each.
- Add a large dollop of coconut whip to each.
- Add ¼ cup of granola to each.
- Finish off the rest of the smoothie by adding another ¼ of the smoothie to each.
- Add more coconut whip, granola, or toppings to your liking.
This is actually a great dessert for breakfast- it’s healthy-ish (at least more than other recipes), tasty, and quick to make! My biggest regret was actually putting in too much granola since it made the texture a lot more difficult to drink, so I’d recommend adjusting it to your needs. All in all, it was a pretty decent recipe, and I recommend trying it!
Recipe adapted from I Love Vegan