The Sage Sports Updates

5/6 Varsity Coed Tennis vs Mission Hills

On Thursday’s home match against Mission Hills, Varsity tennis took the win 9-8. They became league champions after this win. Seniors, Justin, Owen, Jackie, Grace, and Claire were also honored Thursday. Congrats to those seniors on their dedication and congrats to the entire team for securing a championship during this unique season.

The Varsity Tennis Seniors Justin, Owen, Jackie, Claire, and Grace were honored on Thursday. The team won their match against Mission Hills and secured league champions.

5/5 Girls Varsity Soccer vs Vista

Wednesday, girl Varsity Soccer dominated their opponents, Vista High School in a rout of 10-0. Senior Night was also Wednesday as the only senior on the team, Jazlyn Aguayo was honored. Aguayo committed to play 4 straight years for Sage Creek’s girls’ soccer program and also scored a goal during the game. The other scorers included 3 from Rylie McLaren, 2 from Camryn Gold, and the rest from Lily O’Grady, Bella Lorenzen, Annabelle Allison, and Brooklyn Gold. The girls sit at a 4-1-1 record, placing them in second place in their division with the regular season coming to a close in the coming weeks. They play at RBV Friday.

Senior Jazlyn Aguayo stands in front of her teammates on Senior Night. Her team thanks her for her commitment to the soccer program for the last 4 years (Taken from Sage Creek HS Girls Soccer Instagram)

4/30 & 5/3 Boys Varsity Soccer vs Oceanside & Vista

Boys soccer continues to roll on with playoffs ahead. Friday, the boys took the win against Oceanside High School 2-0 as Roman Dibaccio earned player of the game per MaxPreps. Monday they took another win against Vista High School with a score of 3-2. Ben Trask scored 2 and Ryan Wiener scored one. The boys currently hold a 4-1 league record as they inch closer to a league championship and the start of CIF playoffs.

5/1/21 Varsity Baseball vs LCC (Game 2)

Varsity baseball took game 2 against LCC by a score of 3-2. Collin Johnson pitched 4 innings, Erik Larson pitched 2, and Jackson Friend closed the game out and earned the save. The offense came from Colby Kiesling who had a triple, single, and 1 RBI. Nate Brasher doubled, singled, and also had 1 RBI. Ethan Santana also doubled in the win. The Boys look for the sweep of LCC with game 3 of the series on Monday.

4/30 & 5/1 Boys Varsity Basketball vs Mission Vista

Boys Varsity Basketball took both games against Mission Vista on Friday and Saturday with scores of 98-71 and 79-47. You can refer to MaxPreps.com for a more in-depth analysis of these 2 games. The boys look to maintain their strong start where they match up against Canyon Crest Academy at the end of this week.

Boys Varsity Basketball huddle up during game vs Mission Vista. (Taken from mrs.williams_scathletics Instagram)

4/29 & 4/30 Boys Varsity Volleyball vs CHS & CCA

The Boys played their first league game of the season Thursday against Carlsbad High School and lost 3 sets to 1. They rebounded and won their second game on Friday, 3-0 in sets. After a very impressive non-league stretch of games, Boys Varsity Volleyball sits at an even 1-1 record to start the season. Later this week they go up against Torrey Pines.

4/30/21 Girls Varsity Soccer vs Oceanside

Friday, Girls Varsity Soccer took a 3-0 win vs Oceanside High School. Lily O’Grady scored two and Rylie Mclaren scored one. Meghan Swiatlowski earned player of the game per Maxpreps. The Girls now hold a 3-1-1 league record going into the final stretch of the regular season with games against Vista on Wednesday and RBV on Friday.

“Another win, another pic”. The Girls Varsity Soccer team poses together after another win against Oceanside. (Taken from Sage Creek HS Girls Soccer Instagram)

4/28/21 Varsity Baseball vs LCC (Game 1)

Wednesday marked Opening Day for the Bobcats this year as they started off hot in their first league game by beating LCC 7-4. Jet Crews started the game by throwing 6 strong innings and Jackson Friend closed the game, 3 up 3 down all by strikeout. The offense came from Connor Blough with 2 Homeruns and 4 RBIs and a 2 hit day by Ethan Santana. The boys look to increase their 1-0 league record as the series continues with LCC next Saturday and Monday and then another 3 game series against Torrey Pines including one game at Petco Park in downtown San Diego, home of the San Diego Padres.

4/28/21 Girls Golf vs Torrey Pines

Sage Creek’s girl’s golf team won their match on Wednesday with a final score of 227-240 over Torrey Pines. This marked the first-ever victory over Torrey Pines in golf for both girls and boys.

4/26/21 Girls Varsity Soccer vs Vista

Girls Soccer took an impressive win versus Vista by winning 4-0. Emily Nelson scored two while Mikaela Marr and Samantha Brickerstaff scored the other two. The girls now hold a 2-1-1 record going into Friday’s upcoming game against Oceanside at home.

Girls Varsity line up together after their win at home vs Vista. (Taken from scgsoccer Instagram)

4/23 & 4/26 Boys Varsity Basketball vs San Pasqual and LCC

At home, the Boy’s Varsity Basketball team took down San Pasqual in a very dominant performance with a final score of 83-36. Junior Vishal Jayanthi led the charge with 25 points. The team dropped their next game to LCC in a close game with a final score of 78-68 with a win for LCC. The Bobcats currently hold a 5-5 record with only non-league games played. They will start their first league games against Mission Vista on Friday and Saturday.

4/24/21 Boys Lacross vs RBV

The Boys Lacross team dominated their Saturday game versus Rancho Buena Vista High School with a score of 11-5. Cayden Gutches scored a total of six goals in the game. Cole Maston scored two and Alex Lockheimer, Tyler Soukup, and Mikey Shryock all had one. The boys hold a 1-1 record going into league games against Point Loma and Mt. Carmel.

4/23/21 Boys Varsity Soccer vs Mission Vista

Boys Soccer took the win versus Mission Vista Friday with a score of 2-1, making their league record 2-1 to start the year. Goals were scored by Hayden Logan and Ben Trask with Andy Aldecoa being awarded player of the game per MaxPreps. Sage Creek looks to capitalize on a draw versus Oceanside, as the two schools will go head to head once next Friday.

4/23/21 Boys Varsity Volleyball vs Francis Parker

Boys Volleyball took the win once again on Friday against Francis Parker by winning 3-1 in sets. The lead hitter with 23 kills was Campbell Gerdeman and Braeden Ferrone led the defense with 24 Digs. The Boys are currently undefeated this season with an 11-0 record. Their impressive season will look to continue as they face Carlsbad High School for the first time in five years this Thursday and CCA on Friday, both are league matches.

Ian Sanchez (left), Campbell Gerdeman (middle), and Kyan Gau (right) stand during their match versus Francis Parker on Friday. (Taken from San Diego Prep Insider Instagram)

4/23/21 Swim CIF Championship Final

Sage Creek swim took home 3rd place at Friday’s CIF Championship Final. Boys’ swim came in first in the 200 Free Relay and other records were set by members of the team. The team is happy to end a unique season on a high note with 3rd place in CIF and 1st in the region.

The 200 Free Relay winners, Kevin, Augustin, Evan, and George at CIF Championship Finals on Friday. (Taken from mrswilliams_scathletics Instagram)

4/23/21 Girls Varsity Soccer vs Mission Vista

Girls Varsity Soccer also took on Mission Vista Friday in a hard-fought game as the two sides finished in a 3-3 tie. The goals were scored by Kira Carney, Annabelle Allison, and Rylie Mclaren. They will look to better their 1-1-1 league record with games on Monday vs Vista and Friday vs Oceanside.