Week In Photos 12/7-12/11

• A student walks toward their designated meeting location for sports practice. Some students are taking advantage of the select activities happening on campus in order to connect with their peers.

Photo by Nancie Huang-Ball

• Model United Nations Club members prep for their upcoming mock conference this Sunday: a Joint Crisis Committee. The club recently got new leadership and has been working harder than ever to integrate the new members into the club.

Photo by Nancie Huang-Ball

• National Honor Society holds their first annual Food Drive. They received over 55 bags of food from over 18 NHS members on the first day.

Photo by Nancie Huang-Ball

• Percussion students film and record their part for the Winter Concert. The music department has been working hard to put together virtual concerts throughout the year.

Photo by Nancie Huang-Ball

• The Sage Creek campus lays empty Friday afternoon. As of now some students are expected to return to campus on Jan. 5 after winter break.

Photo by Madeline Mack

• Teachers hand out math workbooks to students in the roundabout. This is one of the few times a few teachers are able to see some of their students in-person.

Photo by Madeline Mack

• Junior Zachary Ramos sketches a croquis for Fashion Club. A croquis is a sketch that fashion designers draw to get an idea of what type of piece they want to create, something the club is working on as prep before designing.

Photo by Nancie Huang-Ball

• Carlsbad residents climb Calavera Mountain in the early afternoon. With the closures of gyms people have taken advantage of the available outdoor spaces in order to exercise.

Photo by Madeline Mack

• The track lays empty before track practice. Many sports including XC and track have been allowed to resume in-person practice.

Photo by Madeline Mack

• A cat attempts to climb the Christmas Tree. Since everyone has been stuck at home, pets have begun to take up a greater part of our lives by barging into our classes and hanging out with us during Lunch.

Photo By Leo Ambrogelly

• A Christmas Tree adorns the living room, indicating the “true” start of the holiday season. This year, many families will have to celebrate the holidays remotely, but that doesn’t mean that old traditions can’t be modified to fit 2020.

Photo By Leo Ambrogelly

• An Aviara Oaks Elementary Student works on Math and Science from the comfort of their own home. Elementary students were scheduled to return to Campus full time in January, but some question the return’s safety.

Photo By Leo Ambrogelly