Joe Biden: 46 President of the United States

Thousands of Americans await for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to give their victory speech to the United States of America. Awaiting spectators wave flags, honk their car horns, listen to music, and vocalize their excitement. Tonight at 5 p.m. PST, is the first time president-elect Biden and vice president-elect Harris will address the nation since the election results were called Nov. 7.

Before the speeches are given from Joe Biden and Kamala Harris supporters get ready by celebrating with flags, signs, and light sticks, all listening along to the presidential music. They were just excited for the victory speech to begin since the election outcome released the morning of Nov. 7, 2020. (Photo taken from: The Wall Street Journal)

One way Harris announced the win was by posting a video on her Instagram account showcasing her call with Biden.

“We did it. We did it, Joe. You’re going to be the next president of the United States,” Kamala stated in her phone call.

Nov. 7, 2020 has been nothing but celebration for the Democratic Party across America. Meanwhile, Donald Trump, the Republican incumbent went to Twitter with accusations and rage.

“I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!,” Trump says in a tweet.

This statement was tweeted when the associated press had not yet called the race.

“THE OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTING ROOMS. I WON THE ELECTION, 71,000,000 LEGAL VOTES. BAD THINGS HAPPENED WHICH OUR OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE. NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WERE SENT TO PEOPLE WHO NEVER ASKED FOR THEM,” tweeted Trump through his Twitter @RealDonaldTrump.

Despite Trump’s comments, Biden and Harris proceeded on holding their speech in Wilmington, Delaware. Opening the speech was vice president-elect Harris. Harris is the first woman, the first African American, and the first of Indian heritage to be elected the vice president of the United States.

Kamala Harris smiles as she is overwhelmed with the amount of cheers for her upon entering the stage. She is about to start her victory speech, she will speak before Joe Biden. Harris is the first woman and african american to be elected as vice president. (Photo taken from pbs.org)

Harris started her speech by first thanking her campaign staff and volunteers, poll workers, election officials, and the American people. Then she led into a quote that has started to gain some viral attention across the internet already.

“But while I may be the first woman in this office, I will not be the last, because every little girl watching tonight sees that this is a country of possibilities,” Harris said.

She expressed that no matter who you voted for this election, she strives to be a loyal, honest, and prepared vice president. Wrapping up the speech, she took time to discuss issues such as: beating the pandemic, rebuilding the economy, rooting out systemic racism, and combating the climate crisis.

“It is now my great honor to introduce the president-elect of the United States of America, Joe Biden,” Harris said, ending her victory speech.

Biden also starts his speech by thanking his whole family, the people who volunteered to work the polls, local election officials, and his campaign team. He then spoke about how his agenda begins by getting COVID-19 under control.

Joe Biden starts his speech off after Kamala. He started by thanking everyone, from his family to his campaign team. (Photo taken from 6abc.com)

“[Naming] a group of leading scientists and experts as Transition Advisors to help take the Biden-Harris COVID plan and convert it into an action blueprint that starts on January 20th, 2021,” Biden said will be the first thing he does.

“I ran as a proud Democrat. I will now be an American president. I will work as hard for those who didn’t vote for me- as those who did,” Biden stated

“A nation united. A nation strengthened. A nation healed. The United States of America. God bless you. And may God protect our troops,” Biden said in closing to his speech.

Nov. 7, 2020, was Biden and Harris’ first presidential speech in honor of their victory. Yet many Americans are still awaiting an official statement about the outcome of the election from president Trump.

“The road ahead will not be easy, but America is ready, and so is Joe and I,” Harris said.

James starkDec 4, 2020 at 9:23 pm

Well written article, but the fact of the matter is that he isn’t president. He most likely will become the 46th president of the united states but he is not the president so the title is very misleading and complete misinformation. do better.