10/26/20-10/30/20 Week In Photos

• At North Ponto Beach, after a long beach day a group of young adults sets up a volleyball net to play at the end of the day. With the COVID-19 pandemic still a major influence in our day to day lives, many people have decided to go to the beach because it’s an outside activity where people can maintain proper social distance.

Photo by Kyle Gatti

• During COVID-19, due to social distancing rules solo water activities are very popular such as fishing. This teenager at the rivermouth that leads to the Batiquitos Lagoon from Ponto Beach is seen fishing for fun.

Photo by Kyle Gatti

• Due to COVID-19 many Californians are stuck on deciding whether or not they are going to celebrate Halloween, let alone have the Halloween spirit. These were three of the few pumpkins laid out in my neighborhood, it’s always great to see Halloween spirit during these tough times.

Photo by Kyle Gatti

• It’s election year and millions of Americans voice their support for their Presidential candidates. This is one of many political yard signs that are located in front of millions of Americans homes.

Photo by Kyle Gatti

• Tensions grow as neighbors are advocating for opposing candidates by putting up campaign posters. With the 2020 presidential election days away, neighbors begin to learn more about each other.

Photo by Tiffany Leyva

• Christmas decorations are invading the seasonal section of Hobby Lobby days before Halloween is even over. Due to COVID-19, most of Halloween’s typical activities have been canceled, causing more people to be eager for Christmas.

Photo by Tiffany Leyva

• Sage Creek baseball players are following the CUSD safety guidelines in return. All players maintain social distance and wear facial covering while on campus.

Photo Courtesy of Carter Bloom

• The Sage Creek Baseball field is ready to be used for practicing when players return to the field. Carlsbad Unified School District got the first step started by making the field safe and ready for play.

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Madsen

• Parents and community members stand in protest against Carlsbad Unified School Board’s decision on reopening schools. They claimed that schools being closed has caused an increase in mental health issues and that students aren’t getting proper education online.

Photo Taken From KUSI News

• Hobby Lobby is already stocking their shelves with Christmas items in preparation for the holiday season that is vastly approaching. Many individuals choose to get their holiday shopping out of the way in November so during December they can relax.

Photo by Tomiris Gumar

• Cars filled with Sage Creek seniors are waiting at the stoplight to attend the Senior Car parade. Sage Creek High School hosted a car parade to distribute “Class of 2021” lawn signs in efforts of boosting morale as college application season ends.

Photo by Tiffany Leyva

• A customer at Noodles & Company picks up their contactless order. Noodles & Company has been following COVID-19 restrictions closely and has made their online orders safer to obtain with contactless pickups and free food delivery through Nov. 15.

Photo by Tiffany Leyva

• Carlsbad Unified maintenance crew is cleaning up the baseball field in preparation of students returning for out of season athletics. On Oct. 12 student athletes were welcomed with a clean and playable field.

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Madsen