Eagles tight end Zach Ertz scores during the second quarter as Patriots cornerback Jonathon Jones attempts to take the ball away.

Photo courtesy of True Jersey.

Patriots at the Eagles

Coming off their first loss of the season the Patriots (8-1) hoped to crush the Eagles (5-4) at Philadelphia. The Eagles hoped to continue their two-game winning streak with another win at home. Eagles kicker Jake Elliot made a forty-two yard field goal two minutes into the first quarter. The Patriots were unable to respond to the Eagles field goal and the first quarter concluded with the Eagles up 3-0. The Eagles had excellent field position to start the second quarter and scored a touchdown in just three minutes. The Patriots mounted a successful offense however they were unable to get a touchdown and kicked three field goals in the second quarter. The first half ended with the Eagles up 10-9. 

Photo courtesy of True Jersey.

The third quarter was relatively slow until the Patriots pulled off a trick play with Julian Edelman throwing a touchdown pass to Phillip Dorsett and were successful in their two point conversion attempt as well. The fourth quarter began with the Patriots up 17-10. The fourth quarter was slow with the Eagles coming close to tying the game however the Eagles were unable to make a comeback. The Patriots won 17-10. The Patriots are now (9-1) and the Eagles are (5-5). 

The Sage • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in