2/11/19-2/19/19: Week in Photos

• Cloudy Skies rolled over the campus of SCHS bringing heavy rain that didn’t want to let up.

• Students gather together in the counseling offices with representatives from Mira Costa Community College to help them in the application process to the school.

• Junior Nick Naccarato goes for the drive and kick to senior Nick Sonck during boys basketball’s first CIF game season.

• Senior and varsity boys basketball captain Nick Sonck bringing the energy and the support not only from on the court but from the stands. He raises the number one for his fellow teammate taking a free throw.

• Three players sit on the bench, staying engaged and attuned to the game. Often times the energy on the court comes from those on the bench or the student section from the bleachers.

• Varsity head coach Brandon Dowdy talks strategy as the Bobcats take a time out. During the team talk the players gather together to exclude the distractions and keep their head in the game.

• Valentine’s day may have been a day full of love, roses and chocolate, but the day did not conclude without it’s share of mourning. Friends, community and family members leave flowers and gifts in memorial of all of those lost in the event that left the country in shock just over 365 days ago. Feburary 19, 2019, marked the one year anniversary for the infamous mass shooting that took place at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

• Assorted flowers grow in front of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School alongside stones and garden decor all in honor and memory of those who were lost in the Parkland Shooting that took place a year ago, last Thursday. The idea of this on campus memorial originated from Douglas High teacher Ronit Reoven and senior Victoria Gonzales (girlfriend of Joaquin Oliver who was lost in the shooting).