1/07/19-1/11/19: Week In Photos

• Student-athletes from all grades gather on the athletic mall for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee’s campus cleanup. After school, Monday marked the committee’s first campus outreach to beautify Sage Creek. The committee was made earlier this year so that Athletic Director Cory Leighton could be in better communication with student-athletes.

• Students clean up debris from trees on the Athletic Mall during the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee’s campus cleanup. The student-athletes not only focused on picking up trash but also swept dirt and debris that they found along the academic mall.

• An incoming eighth-grader asks junior Lavanya Pandey about Science Olympiad. Many clubs, sports and classes were on display at this year’s Eighth Grade Showcase Tuesday evening, especially ones that could be pivotal in the eighth graders’ decisions on which of the high schools would be the best fit.

• Band and orchestra students answer the questions of a curious parent at the Eighth Grade Showcase, where the school showcases its most successful programs that could be attractors for incoming high schoolers. The night consisted of three parts: exploratory booths of clubs, classes and sports; a speech by Mr. Morales and teachers and four breakout sessions where prospective parents and students could visit classes they were interested in.

• Fourth year Biomed students describe their experience and the attraction of the class to prospective students and parents during the breakout session part of the Eighth Grade Showcase Tuesday night. The night was supplemented with many senior and junior volunteers who provided their student views on all the opportunities at Sage Creek.

• Prospective parents and students wait for a speech from administrators and teachers at the Eighth Grade Showcase Jan. 7. This year’s showcase had a much smaller turnout than in years past, although it held lots of good information for incoming and deciding students. Now that Sage Creek is becoming an established school in Carlsbad, it is to be determined if we will need a showcase next year.

• Peter Rubin looks for a half-nelson once obtaining an armbar on his opponent from Rancho Buena Vista. Rubin wrestled at the 120 weight class and won this match with a pin.

• Freshman Peter Rubin holds a paper towel on his mouth to stop his lip from bleeding. At wrestlings home duel on Thursday, Jan. 10 against Rancho Buena Vista, Rubin’s match was stopped numerous times due to his mouth bleeding.

• Freshman Luke McLellan shakes hands with his opponent before the referee blows the whistle. McLellan wrestled in the 170 weight class and won this match with a pin.

• Junior Cole Kirby shoots in for a double-leg on his Rancho Buena Vista opponent. Kirby wrestled up a weight class this duel at 132.

• Junior Miguel Rojas prepares for his next move. Miguel wrestled in the 138 weight class for the Thursday duel.

• Eager students wait in line with their friends hoping to obtain their Hoopcoming dance ticket before the final lunch bell rings. Hoopcoming this year seems like it will be the biggest one yet with many more people and a trip down the yellow brick road.

• Students rally to support the boys varsity game sporting all different shades of neon on Jan. 11. This tough match combined with groovy music and bright colors made this game one to remember.