11/26/18-11/30/18: Week in Photos

• Freshman Bella Lorentzen kicking the ball closer and closer towards Orange Glen’s goal early in the game. By half time the junior varsity girls had the leading score of 2-0.

• Junior varsity players Gabby Villani, Paige Carney and Rachel Coval filled with joy after the conclusion of their first game of the season against Orange Glen. The girls junior varsity soccer team won 7-0 on Nov. 27.

• Varsity soccer players Mary Feldmann and Cierra Healy embrace Kat Sumwalt in a hug before preparing for their game last Tuesday, Nov. 27. The varsity team warmed up for their under the lights game while the junior varsity game was still taking place.

• Senior varsity soccer player Izzy Sloss kicks the ball while surrounded by members of the opposing team. The girls varsity team finished off the night winning 9-0 against Orange Glen High School.

• A large puddle consumes part of the track amonst others of its kind. Sage Creek felt it’s first rainfall this past week as November concluded on Thursday, causing a large majority of students to spend their lunch in the gym and soccer games to be canceled that afternoon.

• The varsity girls basketball team croud around coaches during a break in the game to discuss strategy. The girls resulted in losing 41-38 against Tri City High School, however, many of the girls believe this season to improve with the new leauge they will be competing against this year.

• Junior Sydney Tomaneng shooting at the free throw line during the girls varsity basketball game against Tri City High School this past Wednesday, Nov. 28. Acting as a returning player, Tomaneng is looking to have a great season this year.

• The wrestling team poses for a photo after returning from their first duel of the 2018-2019 season. They wrestled Canyon Crest Academy on Thursday, Nov. 29, after a hard fight and the first match for many of the wrestlers, they lost 59-11. With this concluding score, wrestlers Mo Gill, Cole Kirby, Luke McLellan and Kylie Valency walked away with a win.

• Freshman Luke McLellan stands on the first place podium last Friday. The freshman wrestling team had a tournament at Escondido High School were McLellan took first in the 172 weight class.

• Standing as State Champions, the girls varsity cross country team is awarded official State framed photographs given to them by coaches Jacob and Rachel Feiring. The cross country season officially came to a close this past weekend with Friday’s banquet and Mt. Sac’s Foot Locker Invitational on Saturday where members of the boys and girls varsity teams competed for the last time this season.

• J

Jerem PorterDec 3, 2018 at 11:18 am

That wasn’t a free throw. It was a lay-up. Getcha head in the game.