College Commits On the Girls Volleyball Team

Hard work, Passion, Tenacity: The Players that Define the Words

Incredible.

This is what people think when they see these players on the court. The players are Junior Hanna Karl and Senior Courtney Clexton who have both been playing volleyball for years, improving with every game and overcoming every challenge that approaches them.

Photo taken from Hanna’s Instagram
Junior Hanna Karl poses for the camera in her DePaul University sweater. She recently committed to school with a scholarship she could not turn down.

“I began playing volleyball competitively in eighth-grade,” Karl said, “I used to play soccer, but I realized that volleyball was my passion.”

Karl has been playing competitive volleyball for only four years and is now going to be traveling to DePaul University after her five years of volleyball with a commitment that she is proud of.

“It was a really hard decision,” Karl said, “I had other [offers] from schools all over the country, but when I visited the campus I made a [very] strong connection with the players and the coaches.”

Karl is excited about her future at DePaul and adds that volleyball is an “awesome sport” even if you are just playing it for fun.

On Friday, Oct. 19 the annual “Senior Night” was held for the senior girls on the volleyball team. Being a senior athlete Clexton played in her last standard league game for Sage Creek and has enjoyed this volleyball season dearly.

Photo taken from Wave Volleyball Website
Senior Courtney Clexton stands happily in her Stetson University hoodie. She committed to Stetson University her junior year of highschool.

“I started playing volleyball on a team when I was eight,” Clexton responded, “I grew up with my dad playing beach volleyball, so he taught me when I was really young.”

Clexton has been playing volleyball for over five years and has played with Sage Creek for two seasons.

“Our team chemistry has just really come together and I love the girls on the team,  it’s [amazing] this year,” Clexton added.

Clexton is thrilled about her scholarship to Stetson University and everyone on the team is happy about her success as well.

“I chose Stetson because I knew I wanted a smaller school so that I would have extra help from teachers and coaches,” Clexton replied, “..and their volleyball program is their top sports program at their school, so we get all the ‘hype’ like football would at TCU.”

Hanna Karl will be attending DePaul in the Fall of 2020, and Clexton will be attending Stetson in the Fall of 2019.