Scoop or Poop: Kanye West Never Fails to Intrigue

Photo from KanyeWest.com
The only picture given to the track “Lift Yourself”, most likely the final draft that was sent to somebody was an mp3 in iMessage from an iPhone.

Kanye West: rapper, fashion designer, and mastermind of controversy. After about a year of being gone from social media on all accounts, he has finally returned to Twitter on April 15 and started a new era of Kanye: political Kanye.

If you know anything about Kanye West, it’s that he loves the spotlight on him and he loves to create controversy, and this time the way he is doing that is with politics. But people were wondering where his new music was, and for a few days, there was no word on his music until he announced a bunch of artists signed to “GOOD Music” including Pusha T, Teyana Taylor, and most importantly himself, as well as a collaborative album: Kanye x Kid Cudi.

On April 27, he announced a new song coming out called “Lift Yourself,” and like he said, a day later it was released on KanyeWest.com

After nearly two years of no new music, people were hyping it up all over Twitter and over the internet on what this could be; and it is nothing anybody expected.

The song starts off with a sample from Amnesty’s 1973 track, “Liberty.” The sound of this is frankly amazing and gives us a very groovy feel until the bass kicks in and then the energy really picks up. With still no sign of vocals from Kanye, it then rides into a smooth break translation for a short period of time.

After it goes back to the regular sample, Kanye finally appears, stating “This next verse, this next verse though!” With the huge build-up of over a minute and half of this godly sample and beat, I was expecting an incredible verse after no music for almost two years.

That’s when he hits us with the “poopy-di-scoop.” Nearly 30 seconds of Kanye vomiting onomatopoeia, such as “scoop-diddy-whoop,” “poop-diddy, whoop-scoop,” and “whoop-diddy-scoop-poop.” Yeah, that’s pretty much it.

I can’t say much else for this track. All I can say is if you want to get a feel for this “on edge,” you listen to this yourself. Kanye West trolled everybody all over the world. You can, unfortunately, listen to this on all streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music or Youtube.

• D

Dom GullottaMay 10, 2018 at 9:13 am

He also released a real song, “Yay vs. the People.”

• D

Dom GullottaMay 10, 2018 at 9:12 am

He also released a real song, “Yay vs. The People”

Jake NipperMay 9, 2018 at 12:38 pm

Poopy-di scoop
    Scoop-diddy-whoop
    Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop
    Poop-di-scoopty
    Scoopty-whoop
    Whoopity-scoop, whoop-poop
    Poop-diddy, whoop-scoop
    Poop, poop
    Scoop-diddy-whoop
    Whoop-diddy-scoop
    Whoop-diddy-scoop, poop.