European+History

European History

What would you say the difficulty level of the class is?

“The class itself wasn’t too hard. The test was really hard, though.” (Ann Fulton, senior)

“I would say pretty difficult, like seven out of ten.” (Colton Dister, senior)

“It’s the first time that students are being asked to work at a college level and you can really feel it. It’s really hard.” (R. Lewis Cordell, teacher)

What is the workload like?

“We had nightly readings. Every week we would have to finish the chapter and then we have to do key terms too, so there was a big workload.” (Ann Fulton, senior)

“A lot of summer work.” (Colton Dister, senior)

“It’s a lot like college and one of the hardest things is that things aren’t spelled out for you in black and white and the teacher doesn’t supply what the correct answer or the correct formula is, just because it doesn’t work that way and you have to process it. That’s the hard part I think.” (R. Lewis Cordell, teacher)

What kind of student should take this class/Why would a student want to take this class?

“I hope it’s because they want to challenge themselves. I think the worst reason is because their parents want them to and they do it for that reason. The best reason is because they really want to challenge themselves.” (R. Lewis Cordell, teacher)

What kind of careers could this class lead to?

“It could definitely lead to teaching AP European History. A history major could prepare you well for like pre-law or a government type of job because Winston Churchill said ‘Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it’ and as you can see, this is happening in our world.” (R. Lewis Cordell, teacher)

Any tips for students looking to take this class?

“When you get your key terms, start doing them early, because if you wait until the last minute, it becomes really painful… start studying for the AP test early, because there is a lot of content to go over.” (Ann Fulton, senior)

“Actually read the book.” (Colton Dister, senior)

Is there anything you would have done differently now that you have taken this course?

“I would’ve started studying earlier because I bought the book, but I didn’t start studying until like two nights before, so definitely start early.” (Ann Fulton, senior)

The Sage • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in