Groundbreaking News: Construction Workers Break Ground!

Nicolas Reynoso

More stories from Nicolas Reynoso

Finals Schedule
June 7, 2017

Progress on the Performing Arts Center is revving up as construction workers break ground after a long delay.

Shea Gebert

While this is great news, there have been several drawbacks for students and faculty alike.  According to a loopmail sent out by Vice Principal Jesse Schuveiller, there will be at least two major changes in the way traffic flows around campus.

1. The upper parking lot (Lot 2) has been closed down

1. Pedestrian traffic (via the athletic mall) will be closed off beginning Dec. 12 in order to make way for more machinery.

In an unanticipated event, a water main was also punctured just before 1st period on Thursday, December 8. Fortunately, however, it did not cause any major setbacks.

Shea Gebert

In an interview later that afternoon, Principal Cesar Morales said, “It’s a big deal in that it…caused a temporary shut off to the water to our campus, but in the grand scheme of things, it is something that will be repaired and we’ll move on.”  

There may not be much they can do about the traffic, but school employees are taking precautions to ensure any issues with the construction have minimal impact on classroom activities. Principal Morales has advised teachers to set up emergency lesson plans in the event that the buildings lose electricity. He clarifies the reason behind these precautions by saying “there are no indications that this will happen, but construction is taking place directly around the electrical hub of our campus, which is the 6000 building.”

Principal Morales expressed no concern that Sage Creek faculty, students, or parents would not be able to overcome any future challenge this large project might bring about.

Shea Gebert

“As a campus, we will be prepared and flexible to get through whatever challenge comes our way.”