A Freshman’s Guide to Walking in the Hallways

Madisyn Goerlitz, Photography & Social Media Editor

Madisyn Goerlitz
Here we have a diagram on which way to walk up/down the stairs. Quick tip – if your right hand is next to/on the handle you’re doing it right.

First of all, I’d like to welcome the class of 2022 to the beautiful campus you’ll call home for the next four years, Sage Creek High School. Second, I would like to introduce you to the hallways and the copious amounts of stairs. By this time, I’m sure you’re somewhat acquainted, but here is the complete guide on how to properly walk the halls.

Contrary to popular belief, you can make it to class in five minutes without running! Shocking, right? This being said, for the love of Bobby the Bobcat, do not stop in the walkways to chat with your friends, or whatever it might be that you’re doing. Unnecessary roadblocks bother absolutely everyone, so try not to be one. Also, the speed at which you walk is highly important. If you walk slower than the flow of traffic you’re going to cause a traffic jam, so keep up. 

Now, probably the most important thing I am going to tell you is the way in which you walk the stairs. If you’re standing at the bottom of the stairs looking up, the right side of the stairs is for people walking up, the left side is for everyone walking down, and the large area when the stairs turn is most definitely not made for you to stop and talk. 

Walking around campus, as daunting of a task as it seems is not that scary. Listen, if you make a mistake or bump into someone just be kind, apologize and move on. No one’s going to remember that freshman walking the wrong way when we can barely remember what went on in second period yesterday. Once again, welcome. Merry walking, bobcats.