Sage Creek High School

Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Ashley Budiwarman, Staff Writer

When we see news on a celebrity, we all jump to find out what happened. Our reaction to the events going on in their lives is astonishing because we always want to know more about the juicy parts of their lives.

We all care so much about what happens to celebrities even though we are not involved in their personal lives at all. We watch their movies, listen to their music, go to their sports games, or follow what they do that made them famous. Despite all of that, all we really see of them is such a small portion of their lives, an act.

Famous actors or singers in the movie theaters and sold out stadiums are portraying people they are not. So why do we want to know so much about their lives? It’s because we are so wrapped up in them. We see them as idols and it’s entertaining for us to watch their drama, especially in reality tv shows.

Reality TV shows are supposedly meant to be unscripted, real-life situations, but they aren’t. There are plenty of reality shows out there that we all know are staged like “Keeping up with the Kardashians” and “The Bachelor.” Why do these shows even happen in the first place if the whole plots are lies?  That is entertainment.  We do not know the whole story behind the scene, yet we feel entitled to have an opinion on it.

Part of being a celebrity is putting yourself out there. They are well-known and they know it. People idolize them and they know it. I have famous people that I look up to, and you probably do too, even if they have no idea who we are.

That is why people will react to celebrity events because it is the people that they look up to whether something bad happened to them, they did something wrong, or even it’s their birthday. It matters to the public eye because those celebrities are people’s role models and we can not help wanting to keep up with our inspirations.

1 Comment

One Response to “Can’t Get Enough Celebrities”

1. Zach TCB Lieberman on November 16th, 2016 10:42 am

I grew up in LA and have been around and are friends with celebrities and their kids. Trust me when I tell you they are more messed up than us mortals. The reason is by nature they have a sense of entitlement and that doesn’t work in our society. They look great and it seems they have it better than us but they dont.
    Just look at all the famous, rich and powerful people that have very messed up lives:
    addictions, adultery, divorces, suicides, dying of over dosing, very low self esteem. Yes a lot of celebrities have low self esteem, getting in trouble, etc. If they were truly happy
    this wouldn’t be happening as much and as often.
    Be thankful that G-d made you who you are and make the best of it.

[Reply]

• Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Opinion

Modern day political activism is washing our society down the drain

• Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Opinion

Traffic: What can you do?

• Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Opinion

Seventeen Dollar Suit Worth the Money

• Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Opinion

In Defense of Art Class

• Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Opinion

The Senioritis Myth

• Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Opinion

Thoughts on Our Four Years Together

• Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Opinion

Unhealthy and Unsafe

• Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Opinion

Students Suffer from Antiquated System

• Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Opinion

Beauty Vloggers: So Funny I Forgot to Laugh

• Can’t Get Enough Celebrities

Opinion

Going The Extra Mile

Sage Creek High School
Can’t Get Enough Celebrities