Organic Farms

Apr 26, 2018

Along the produce side of the market, rows of fruits and vegetables in shades of all colors catch the eyes of those who pass by. Nasser, a local farmer, explained his love for his job and his customers as he jovially helped someone choose a ripe avocado.

“After working many years in finance, I switched to farming. It’s a good lifestyle,” Nasser said, “[My] favorite part is [the] customers; they get happy because they get healthy food.”

Sophie Mostamand
An abundance of flowers are sold at the local farmer’s market. Farmers not only sell their produce but floral arrangements too.

Nasser’s farm, Organic Only Farm, is four acres and family owned. It is located in Fallbrook and known for its citrus, avocados, pomegranates and guavas. The pride was apparent in Nasser’s eyes as he stated that “everything is certified organic.” His love for his work cannot be deterred by the difficult nature of the job.

“[Farming] does not make much …  money, and it is a lot of work,” Nasser said, “[But it] is a lifestyle that I like.”

The produce that Nasser grows reflects his care in its quality, as does most produce in the farmer’s market.

“[Locally-grown produce] is healthier, fresher and [has] better nutrients,” shared Nasser. “[People should come to the farmer’s market] because they want to get fresh produce and they don’t want something that [has been] stored for [a] long time.”