Returning NFL Players Aim to Make a Mark in Fantasy

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/08/15/nfl-com-enhances-fantasy-football-options/
Taken from Buffalo Bills Blog

As football season comes back around, fans everywhere have hurried to the games or to their couches to watch the entertaining sport – fantasy owners especially. Week five is upon us, meaning there will be a few notable players making their return to action this week, including Tom Brady, Le’veon Bell, and Josh Gordon.

Le’veon Bell, suspended for the first three games of this season, made his return last Sunday night against the Chiefs. He has been the undisputed best running back in the NFL for the last two seasons but has faced a few off the field incidents which has limited his time on the field. Bell had an impressive week four return tallying up 144 rushing yards to go along with 30 receiving yards. He plays alongside with Ben Roethlisberger, a high quality veteran QB, and Antonio Brown, the undisputed best wide receiver in the NFL. This trio of players have made the Pittsburgh Steelers offense one of the most explosive in the league.

Senior Xavier Allison, an experienced and successful fantasy player, gives his thoughts on Bell: “Le’veon Bell returning to the Steelers makes a huge impact because this man is just an absolute beast and a monster. He’s unstoppable, so if you have him on your fantasy team you’re in good shape because he is the best running back in the league.”

If you can, acquire Bell, he is one of the few fantasy players who could turn a whole team around.

Tom Brady will be coming off his four game suspension due to the deflating of footballs in the AFC championship game against the Colts in 2014. Brady has been one of the best fantasy and real-life quarterbacks in the NFL for almost his entire career. His return will surely spark hope in any fantasy players who own him.

“Well, in my league, Anthony Promotico has Tom Brady and is in desperate need of a QB,” senior Dylan Rossi said. “Brady’s return will launch Anthony’s team 25 stories above the ground.” 

Another player who was supposed to make his season debut in week five was Josh Gordon, but he had made a decision to enter a rehab facility instead of playing for the Cleveland Browns this year. Gordon has faced multiple suspensions for a few varying violations of the NFL rules.

“I think Josh Gordon made the decision based on what was best for him and his life at this time and he knew he needed to get rid of an unhealthy habit, actually an addiction that he had,” Allison says.

In 2014, Gordon had a five week span of games in which he put up monster numbers, including a back-to-back 38 and 40 fantasy point outing. For clarification, an average performance for wide receivers is about ten points per game.