Digital+Photography

Digital Photography

Reilly Cornwall
Cathryn Burroughs, an art teacher.

Digital Photography is a two trimester class taught by Cathryn Burroughs. According to the Digital Photography syllabus, This course is structured to progress students from an entry level to an intermediate ability level in Digital Photography. The hands-on projects are meant to familiarize the student with both the technical and the creative side of photography. Students develop a digital portfolio that reflects a sophistication of artistic achievements as it pertains to creative and visual expression through the medium of photography. The second trimester builds upon prior knowledge, and summarizes their understanding of the Elements of Art and the Principles of Design. Technical skills both with the DSLR and in Adobe Photoshop CS6 will build throughout the course. This course is designed to provide opportunities for creative expression as students apply artistic processes and skills using the most up to date digital equipment. The Digital Photography 1 curriculum will include the five content standards for Visual Arts Education.

¨I like being able to work with students as well as sometimes being able to work alone through various projects that are interesting and make me learn and grow as a photographer.” said sophomore Noah Kelley

The Sage • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in