“Thor: Ragnarok” is Superhero Greatness

Images via Vimeo labeled for Reuse.
Allies Thor and Hulk find themselves in a deadly gladiator contest.

One word: Greatness. That is exactly what the movie “Thor: Ragnarok” is. It was absolutely, positively fantastic. Being a nerd for superheroes since I was young, “Thor: Ragnarok” has lived up to its predecessors.

Thor Ragnarok is a movie with a mix of many impressive moments: With an iconic team-up with Thor and Bruce Banner, as known as, the Hulk; sad moments with a death of a loved one; happy moments with the revival of past characters; and renegade moments where Thor unlocks the deepest part of his God of Thunder power. One of the best things the movie has to offer is a new character by the name of “Korg.” As a character who is made of rocks and boulders, his looks are intimidating and scary, yet once you hear him speak, you will fall in love instantly.

Ragnarok is the name of a prophecy of the demise of Asgard. Even in the trailer, one can get a hint something bad is in in the air when the Goddess of Death, Hela, destroys Thor’s beloved hammer, Mjolnir. Thor then, along with Loki, fights Hela and as a result they both get sent to a distant planet called Sakaar where they run into the Grandmaster, a being in charge of the gladiator battles that the Hulk takes part in.  In the end, the heroes, Thor and Hulk, along with a new female character, Valkyrie, defeat the evil Hela, though their win has repercussions.

With a perfect parallel between action and comedy, Thor the heart-throb and the Incredible not-so-sensitive Hulk played a key role in filling the theatre with laughter. The carefully chosen music increased the intensity and excitement of the battlefront.

Take your friends, or ask that special someone on a date, because you do not want to miss “Thor: Ragnarok.”

• C

ChrisKat XD RAWRNov 14, 2017 at 2:17 pm

KORG was never revealed in the trailers therefore it is a spoiler and you have ruined the movie for me ;(

• J

Jeff DunhamNov 14, 2017 at 7:31 am

Lego ninjago is superior btw