Valedictorian and Salutatorian Announced

Skylar Hughes

More stories from Skylar Hughes

Sage Creek proudly announced Cameron Yenche and Anna Perhach as the school’s first ever valedictorian and salutatorian. Both students are actively involved in their campus and community.

Yenche has been involved in the Guitar Club, the skate team, and the Youth Success Club, all while juggling a schedule that includes five AP classes, and boasts a 4.4 GPA.

“I like to skateboard and play guitar a lot, but I mesh my schedule well,” Yenche said.

Perhach has taken part in the tennis team, Model United Nations, academic league, science olympiad, link crew and National Honors Society, and maintains a 4.35 GPA.

“Some aspects of school come easy for me, but I don’t think I study a lot more than the average person,” Perhach said.

As Sage Creek will graduate its first class this coming June, Morales was flanked with establishing the parameters for the winner of the award, and spent a good portion of a week looking through the school handbook and policies, and analyzing all aspects of students’ transcripts.

“The valedictorian and salutatorian are based off of the highest academic weighted GPA,” Morales said.

Both Yenche and Perhach praised the rigorous academic atmosphere available at Sage Creek, and were surprised to have received their respective awards.

“There are so many smart kids at Sage Creek. I wish there could’ve been more valedictorians and salutatorians, because so many of them deserve it too,” Perhach stated.

“This recognition is a great match of who they are as people. [They’re] both extremely hard-working students [who] chose to push the extremes on their academic program, and are very well balanced individuals,” Morales said.