The Top 5 Reasons Why Your Teacher Dislikes You

An image of a teacher scolding an awful student named Darby. Showing how some teachers dislike you for whatever reason they want. (Licensed under CC BY 2.0)

Teachers are meant to guide us through our school years and give us the knowledge for our future, and once they grow older they will share that knowledge with their kids or the kids they teach. They’re an important part of growing up and are one of the most influential people in our lives. 

But…what happens when your teacher doesn’t want to teach you anything? You can tell from the tone of their voice, their attitude or probably how sarcastic they are. Now you know that your teacher doesn’t like you. Well, great. How did it get to this? 

“This is so unfair, I didn’t even do anything!” Except maybe you did, and you’re so oblivious to your behavior that you don’t know it. Here are the top 5 reasons why your teacher dislikes you. I don’t know if it can be helped, since you’re kind of stubborn.

5: Your jokes aren’t funny: 

This one is pretty obvious. When your teacher isn’t in the mood for your jokes, or you just aren’t funny, soon the teacher will decide they just don’t like you. 

Notoriously serious English teacher Mr Haupert said, “I don’t like it when I’m busy being serious and then all of a sudden someone tells a bad joke. Everyone knows I’m very serious, I’m not here for your jokes.” 

4: You talk in the middle of class:

This is another pretty obvious one, but sometimes it’s hard to tell. Now, this is hard to believe, but teachers hate it when you talk while they’re talking. I know, I know, I couldn’t believe it either. But talking in class really ticks them off; I know from experience. 

Mr. Cordell, known for his very loud and booming voice and for disliking rock music, shares his experience: “It’s not cool when someone talks when I talk, especially when I’m busy talking about how much I don’t like electric guitars and basses.”

3: You play games or go on your phone during class:

Almost everyone plays games on their Chromebook in school. Don’t worry; this isn’t a callout, kind of. You know when you play games in class, and then all of a sudden the teacher asks you to answer the question? Yeah, that’s because they know, and now probably don’t like you.

2: You’re really obnoxious, like really: 

Now it’s time we get into more sensitive territory. Some people don’t realize this, but your behavior annoys everyone, including the teacher. Whether it be blurting out the answer to a question when the teacher asked people to raise their hand, or trying to show off to every other student in the class and being rude, this is a surefire way to make the teacher dislike you.

1: Just Because

It’s time. This is the single most important reason. You don’t know why; you didn’t do anything. But for some reason they just hate you. Maybe it’s your hair; I don’t know. They just really, really dislike you. 

Infamous Spanish teacher Aleesha George shares how she decides who to single out: “Yeah, I just pick a random kid and decide to mess with them the entire trimester, and I make sure they get Fs.” 

This is satire for April Fool’s Day.