Sage Creek Spring Sport Preview

Kerris Arnett
The Sage Creek Track starting lineup. This Track is home of the Sage Creek Track and Field athletes.

As the winter sports season winds to a close, Sage Creek’s spring sports teams have just recently started their practices and preseasons. This year’s spring sports teams hope to carry on the legacy of the winter sports, fall sports and even last year’s sports as well as improve their records and state and CIF status.   

One of the sports that has just started its season is Swim and Dive. Through the years, the Sage Creek Swim team has had amazing successes in their records, CIF status and even the team dynamic. 

The new swim team comes together for a picture after a hard set on the first day of practice. Even being a new team, the athletes never fail to support each other in, and out, of the pool. (Photo From Agatha Brown)

The swim team offers a place for every Bobcat no matter the experience. This team has brought athletes from first-time team swimmers to winning consistently in the water. The swim team offers family and a learning environment to any bobcat that wants to test the waters.

Agatha Brown has been coaching the Sage Creek swim team since 2018, the very beginning of the Sage Creek Swim, and continues to see the amazing dynamic the team holds, even with first-timers.

“They all love each other and they support each other during hard sets and they cheer each other on in and out of the pool,“ Brown exclaimed. 

Brown explains how she believes this season will have better results at meets due to the increased amount of talent on the team.

“This season we have way more girls, so we are really excited…so it should be a good year for the girls. It will be really fun when the meets start because then we can be outside when it’s actually warm and have a good time in the sun.”

Much like the swim team, Sage Creek takes pride in their track and field team.  Through the diverse events our Bobcats compete in, such as pole vaulting, distance running, sprints and many more, Sage Creek stays relatively in the top ranks. Much like the fall sport of cross country, track and field tests the overall strength and fitness of these athletes.

Max Marchi, a student who has just finished his first year on Varsity Cross Country, is eager to start his first season of track at Sage Creek.

“I’m really excited for track to start, I’m really excited to make new friends and make improvements from last year in middle school.”

Although Marchi is excited for the new season ahead for the chance to improve and grow a bond with the other athletes, he is also excited for the new opportunities that Cross Country could not offer him.

“There is a good standard for setting PRs and also the competition is great and I hope it is going to be a great season, “ Marchi added.

Through their shared time in and out of practice and games, the teams will grow closer together and create a strong foundation for success using and building an unbreakable team bond. Overall, there is no doubt that this year Sage Creek’s Spring athletes will have a great season with results on the field, court, or pool and continue and better the legacy that the  Winter sports left them.