Prom Location

Prom+Location

Being the first prom ever at Sage Creek High School, juniors and seniors are hoping for a grand, extravagant event where everyone can feel like a prince or princess. Will the Wild Animal Park provide for this dream, or will it just be a bad smelling and potentially muddy disaster?

There are positive and negative aspects to holding a dance at a Wild Animal park, so let’s start with the positives.

Having tigers, giraffes, and monkeys as a backdrop for photos at the dance is a very unique idea. To feel as if we are having a dance in the middle of the Jungle would be a prom experience that few people in California, or even the world could ever have.

However, this idea reminds me of (in the words of Cher from Clueless), “a total Monet.” Basically, it sounds favorable when you think generally about it, but if you spend time analyzing the details, it could be a total disaster.

optimized-screen-shot-2016-11-04-at-10-34-18-am-1

First of all, the animals will most likely be sleeping or hiding rather than being visible during the dance. This takes away the excitement of having live, exotic animals in the same area as the dance. And although the animals will not be prevalent, their stench will be. Unfortunately, animals don’t naturally smell like daisies and roses.

optimized-screen-shot-2016-11-04-at-10-34-11-am

On top of this, the music can only be a certain volume as to not disturb the animals during their sleep. If the music cannot be loud, it could feel a little awkward. I’m imagining more of a business party than a dance. However, the further away from the animals the dance floor is, the louder the music will be. Fingers crossed it’s far enough away to be able to play the music loud enough to hear it over the chatter of students.

The nature-themed prom location is cool, but how different will that feel from Sage Creek’s gym when the High School itself is in the middle of a Nature Reserve?

optimized-screen-shot-2016-11-04-at-10-34-02-amHolding the dance at the Wild Animal Park could potentially be really great. If it does not live up to everybody’s expectations for the first-ever prom at Sage Creek High School, we will try to make the best of it anyways. After all, constituting an entire school and its traditions takes a lot of trial and error.

Joey BabcockNov 8, 2016 at 9:40 am

“After all, constituting an entire school and its traditions takes a lot of trial and error.” I’m not sure if that’s the word you were looking for… Constituting according to google has the definition
    “be (a part) of a whole.” as in
    “single parents constitute a great proportion of the poor”
    or to
    “give legal or constitutional form to (an institution); establish by law.”

I believe the word you might have been looking for could possibly be “appealing to an entire school and it’s traditions” or possibly “appeasing”