Clash at The Creek

Varsity+girls+Volleyball+team+picture+
Varsity girls Volleyball team picture

From the moment the ground broke for Sage Creek High School, a crosstown rivalry between Sage and Carlsbad was sparked. On Tuesday, October 11, at 5 p.m. in the Bobcat Arena, senior captain Riley Gill, and the Lady Bobcat Volleyball team will defend their territory against the Carlsbad Lancers.

The Lancers are bringing to the table an overall record of 7-8, and a league record of 0-5. The Sage Creek Bobcats, have an overall record of 9-7, and a League record of 0-3. The Lancers lost in their last meeting against San Dieguito Academy in 5 games. Interestingly enough, Sage Creek defeated S.D.A. 2 weeks ago in only 4 games.

The rankings for both of these schools can change dramatically. Currently, Sage Creek Girls Volleyball is ranked 265 in the state while Carlsbad is ranked 148. A Bobcat win could easily change these ranks up to 54 places.

Veteran hitter and senior Lizi Cudal feels confident going into the game against the Lancers on Tuesday. In a recent interview Lizi mentioned that, “Carlsbad has a very good team, and both teams are evenly matched, but the chemistry of the Sage Creek team is coming together. And having home court should help us as well.” Cudal also stated that the team is really starting to rally around their coach, and defines one of their greatest strengths is feeding off the crowd.

According to Sage Creek senior volleyball player Steph Milam, “One of the keys to winning is by stopping Carlsbad’s top player Kelley Jacome.” Jacome will be the X-Factor for Carlsbad, and has the stats to back it up. Jacome, a senior, has played varsity since her sophomore year and has already racked up a total of 208 kills. The Lady Bobcats really need to put up a strong defence to get around her.

With all that being said, emotions will be high as city bragging rights are up for grabs in this rivalry game. Carlsbad is not big enough for the both of these schools.

• M

Mo PajicJan 26, 2017 at 12:38 pm

The SAGE,
    We are contacting you from Premier Driving Institutes In Vista.
    You can check our business web presentation and Yelp and Google reviews.

http://premierdrivingins.weebly.com

We have had several students from Sage Creek High School for Behind the Wheel driving lessons.
    We would like to use your school newspaper “The Sage” opportunity to advertise our services for long term contract.
    We are interested in advertisement type such as inserting our small insert or other possibilities for advertisement..
    We are also open for your suggestions and prices.

Sincerely
    Mo Pajic
    Operator
    (760)712-3077