The Who’s Who of Streaming Services

Taken from Amazon.com
Taken from Amazon.com

Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime have been the top streaming services for years. With traditional cable TV quickly dying out, it is no surprise that people are searching for other methods to watch their favorite shows.

Netflix has variety and quantity, Hulu Plus gets new content faster, and Amazon Prime has everything, but costs extra. So, which is superior? Let’s see what the students think.

“I prefer Netflix because there are no extra costs and it is just a lot easier to find what I want to watch. It also makes suggestions for me based on what I watched before,” answered sophomore, Danny Rubin on the decision between Netflix or Amazon. Netflix and Amazon Prime are close competitors, but throw Hulu Plus in the mix and it makes the choice even tougher. By adding new factors to the mix, like as price and selection. 

“Hulu has more TV shows than Netflix I think, that’s one thing I like,” remarked sophomore Jackson Ginn on his position of Hulu vs. Netflix. Many people seemed to be swaying towards Netflix, but what are some good things about the other services such as Hulu or Amazon Prime?

“There’s more of the movies that I want to watch, a lot of times it takes a long time to find something I like on Netflix.” said Rubin when asked about some things he likes about Amazon. So, all in all, which one comes out on top according to the students?

In my experiences, Netflix has been great, it helps me find new shows I want to watch and has all the shows that I am already interested in. It is eight dollars a month and has a very wide variety of shows and movies. You can add several people onto the account as well, making it seem less expensive because many people can enjoy the service with no extra charge.

“Netflix all the way. It’s just a lot easier to use and the app is better than the Hulu app,” said Ginn.

As for prices, Netflix and Hulu plus both cost eight dollars a month, but Hulu has a free version with much less content. Amazon Prime includes benefits on Amazon.com such as free shipping, but does come with the extra price.

All in all, if you were going to invest in the monthly cost of a streaming service, it seems like Netflix is the “ultimate when it comes to TV and movies,” as said by Ginn.

• B

Bob MarleyOct 7, 2016 at 8:40 am

I feel as if there were some unrealistic quotes

• S

Sam KaneOct 7, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Thanks!