Following Four Bobcats Through the Year

Four Bobcats, Four Grades

Oct 18, 2018

People constantly change and grow in their personality, feelings and plans. In just one year, students at Sage Creek make decisions that affect them both now and in their future. We interviewed a Sage Creek Bobcat from each grade about who they are and their current plans for this upcoming year to see how they will change throughout the year.

Chapter 1: Meet the Bobcats

Sierra Jorden
Freshman Vishal Jayanthi is fresh from middle school and ready to conquer his high school life. Jayanthi had decided to partake in sports by joining the freshman basketball team in hopes to get better and have fun.

Freshman, Vishal Jayanthi

What are you worried about most this year? What are your plans for next year?

Vishal is a freshman on the freshman boys basketball team this year, but he does not; just have a sport to worry about. For academics, he worries most about English. By next year he hopes to improve both in class and on the court. As basketball season approaches, Jayanthi and his teammates are in the gym working out and scrimmaging. This season, Jayanthi prepares to train in order to improve and potentially dunk on the ten-foot basketball hoop.

Sierra Jorden
Sophomore Sam Ginn has been a part of the biomedical science program since the beginning of his freshman year. With a fresh attitude about this school year, he wishes to pursue the information he gains from this class for the future.

Sophomore, Sam Ginn

Sam Ginn is a student in his second year of the Biomedical Science program. He works to balance his schedule of sports (baseball and soccer) and taking advanced classes (AP European History, Human Body Systems and English honors). Thanks to the advice of his older siblings, Ginn enrolled in the Biomedical program his freshman year and is currently learning about the application of biometrics in airport security. With biomedical sciences being the main focus throughout the duration of his high school career, he is now looking into medical and science majors in regards to a possible future career.

Sierra Jorden
Junior Sierra Blechschmidt has been a member of the Sage Creek dance team for two consecutive years now, and plans on continuing throughout her high school experience. While she is in her natural habitat, Blechschmidt feels the most comfortable showing her true dancer side and putting everything she has onto the dance floor.

Junior, Sierra Blechschmidt

Sierra Blechschmidt is a junior on the dance team who worries most about her difficult course load. She has been involved in the Sage Creek Dance Company since her freshman year due to her love and passion for dance and her eagerness to showcase her Bobcat pride. Blechschmidt is so impressed with the dance team’s growth over the years due to the team’s membership increasing to 19 students as of this year: the largest increase since the Dance Company was established. She is looking forward to witnessing all the new dancers improve throughout the year.

Sierra Jorden
Senior Leah Scheble is an active member in Sage Creek lifestyle by partaking in multiple AP (Advanced Placement) classes throughout the year and yet maintains her life outside of school by having a job and playing sports. Scheble plans on going to college in the near future, so she spends most of her free-time filing out applications.

Senior, Leah Scheble

Leah Scheble is a self-described workaholic senior who is currently enrolled in three AP classes (AP literature, AP statistics and AP government). Besides these AP classes, she has a job, plays a sport and is currently spending most of her time filling out college applications. Although she is stressed by all the work she has this year, Scheble is excited about college and hopes to go to West Point Military School. Not only do her grades reflect her determination to go to college, but her many extracurricular activities, such as wrestling, track and field and volunteering show how hard she is willing to work for her education. This may seem like a lot of work for an average person, but Scheble gains the experience she needs to be successful.

The Sage • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Jake FitzgeraldOct 22, 2018 at 7:29 pm

Summer Fitzgerald is the GOAT.

• D

Donovan YatesOct 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Leah Scheble tricked me in senior assassins and i got very sad and went hulk mode.

2