Cash Bobsquad in the Stands

Photo by Taelor Holdcraft

If you’ve ever been to a basketball game, you’ve probably seen the big student section cheering on the Bobcat athletes. Bobsquad is a club for students to come together and root for our school.

“We pride ourselves on our ability to create a place where everyone is supported, resulting in student body unison through our love for athletics,” senior and one of the leaders of Bobsquad, Lizi Cudal said.

Bobbie and the Bobsquad energize the crowd on Star Wars night. Photographer: Taelor Holdcraft

It doesn’t matter if you’re really into sports or not, rooting for your home team creates a sense of community with the people around you.  “I think Bobsquad is emblematic of the spirit that our school has developed over the past four years. It is so fun to be a part of and represents our school spirit in an awesome way.” junior, Emma McHale said.

As the first ever senior class prepares to graduate, Bobsquad wants to ensure that school spirit will continue to prosper after they leave. “Sports are a great way to build community, and with Bobsquad we want to continue building that sense of inclusiveness here,” senior leader Tanner Blough said.

The impact of school spirit has inspired more than just the Bobcat students. Even SCHS staff members have enjoyed witnessing the growth that this club has had.

Seniors Keegan Canfield and Patrick Houston cheer on the varsity basketball teams on Hoopcoming night. Photographer: Taelor Holdcraft

“It’s become huge. In the beginning hardly anyone wanted to be in it. As more people got older, there became more participation,” advisor David Savage said.

The student section has grown immensely since Sage Creek opened four years ago. Bobsquad has been a significant factor in setting the standard for what SC students should be a part of in this school.

“We wanted to bring something to our campus that made games the place to be; an environment for everyone to support Sage Creek and their peers, and just build a positive atmosphere to help lead our teams to victory,” senior leader Heather Feldman voiced.
Photo by Taelor Holdcraft

Bobsquad’s aim is to cheer on Sage Creek’s athletes and build up the school spirit. With Bobsquad in the background cheering them on, athletes are playing that much harder to win for the students that came out to root for Sage Creek athletics. “I feel like it helps us because we know it’s very rewarding. We know that if we do something super flashy than the crowd’s going to really going to get into it,” senior member Teiyler Scott said.

School spirit is something that has been lacking for the past few years, but since this year has been the first time with all four classes, Sage Creek is finally starting to feel like a high school.

“Since we [the founders] are athletes ourselves, we know how it feels to be cheered on. We wanted to make sure the athletes at our school felt the support from the student body,” Blough said.

The leaders of Bobsquad are trying to promote school spirit and get as many students to as many games as possible- home and away.

“We want a lasting legacy that promotes positivity and support for everyone on campus, and that brings the classes closer together while creating a sense of school spirit,” senior Keegan Canfield said.

Bobsquad has undoubtedly achieved their goal in bringing the Bobcat nation together and promoting pride for the school we attend.

“We hope to see this grow even more. [We hope to] see this school and club be the best it can be as we leave,” Cudal said.