To E or Not to E

To E or Not to E
unknown

ESports haters and critics said eSports would never fill stadiums but eSports has had more people watching and more sold out crowds for one tournament than Qualcomm Stadium has filled in over 500 games.

I love the idea of eSports stadiums; it brings equal opportunity to gamers and YouTubers to share not only their line of work but their passion.

Now eSports has taken an amazing new direction. It’s become a gaming community where gamers who are qualified to compete against each other for one grand prize battle in different arrangements of teams (whether that be a group of friends or total strangers). These eSports stadiums are similar to basically any sports stadium and some the eSports stadiums double as soccer stadiums or football stadiums.

My passion for eSports stadiums stems from my experience as a fellow gamer, and I am glad that this gaming community allows me to show my passions to the entire world.

I understand that some people think it is a huge waste of money to build stadiums for people who are “lazy” and don’t do anything athletic but if you watch a gaming tournament, you can see that it is not a physical exercise but a mental struggle playing strategically with other players as a team. Having to strategize with people who also have different ideas and coming to one agreed upon decision is a hard task for gamers because everyone has different experiences with the same game and different playing styles.

It takes so much skill to eliminate other players for up to 90 minutes if not more each match. These stadiums that people say should be taken down or not built anymore don’t understand the money that they are making every tournament. For example, when the NFL started, do you think people were like, “Oh, no, we need only one stadium for all the teams to play at and not individual stadiums.” Yeah, I didn’t think so.

If gaming gets to be as big as a community as any sports community, which it already has, imagine the money and entertainment it will bring in. These stadiums should be built and continued because not only do they not cast judgment on physical fitness, they change the appearance of success for people (which in my opinion is a plus).

It will also help children find new outlets to discover their passions and talents.