NFL Week Five Forecast

during their NFL game at Levis Stadium on October 6, 2016 in Santa Clara, California.
Ezra Shaw
during their NFL game at Levi’s Stadium on October 6, 2016 in Santa Clara, California.

The first four weeks of the 2016 NFL season  have been pretty exciting. No team has been dominant so far this year, leaving the early playoff picture wide open. Week five has some intriguing match-ups and should have some fantastic games.

Cardinals @ 49ers:

The Cardinals are off to a rough start this season sitting at 1-3, with two bad losses in Buffalo and at home versus the Rams. This is very surprising considering they are a Super Bowl-contending team. Look for them to pick up a win this week against the 49ers, who are also 1-3.

“Carson Palmer needs to get his act together because he is throwing way too many picks, they should be feeding David Johnson” senior Tyler Franchimone says. “If the 49ers want to win, they should start Colin Kaepernick.” He predicts a Cardinals victory 16-13.

Texans @ Vikings:

The Texans, despite being without three time defensive player of the year J.J Watt, are now 3-1. I don’t like their chances, however, against Minnesota and their ferocious defense.

“After getting 20-pieced by Tennessee and the loss of star defensive lineman JJ Watt, I can foresee the Vikings and their revamped, fast paced offense putting up big numbers against a dwindling Houston [defense],” senior Bryce Buscher says.

When asked if he would start Houston’s defense in fantasy, Buscher responded, “No, I will instead be starting the Eagles, who in week three held the Steelers to three points. They will be facing a solid Lions offense who was just halted by a lowly Bears defense.”

Jets @ Steelers:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown nine interceptions in his last two games, while the Steelers just got Le’veon Bell back from suspension. I don’t see New York being able to keep up with the Steelers outstanding offense.

“The Jets are a bad choice this week because they are going against the number one running back and receiver in the league. I predict the Steelers will come out on top 38-24” Franchimone says.

Falcons @ Broncos:

The Falcons high-flying offense has been hard for teams to stop this year. I don’t expect the same for Denver, their historically good defense is on a tear and are showing no signs of slowing down.

“Matt Ryan and Julio Jones have been on fire as of late, but they are going up against their toughest opponent yet. Against the Falcons soft defense, I expect CJ Anderson to have a big day and Denver to stay undefeated,” senior Teiyler Scott says.

Bengals @ Cowboys:

The Cowboys have two rookies who have looked very impressive this year, Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. I expect them to continue their stellar play and defeat the bengals Sunday.

Giants @ Packers:

This game features many stars. Two of the best wide receivers in the game, Odell Beckham Jr. and Jordy Nelson, and arguably the best quarterback, Aaron Rodgers. These explosive offenses should make for a high scoring and entertaining game. I expect it to be close, but the Packers to pull away late, 34-20.

“I think this is a decent matchup for the Giants offense, but I know the Packers offense is eager to feast. After watching the Vikings walk all over the Giants, I can see the Packers doing the same,” Franchimone says.