WOW Day Recap

Jack Lieberman
Bobcat Seniors, Sophomores, and Freshman listen in on presentations from various career fields

Wednesday, October 19 marked Sage Creek High School’s first ever World of Work Day.

Freshman, juniors and seniors had a chance to participate while the sophomores took the PSAT. This day was meant to introduce new ideas and career paths to students like Clean Energy, Health, Information Technology, and Life Sciences.

WOW Day kicked off with a speech from Mr. Joshua Williams, President of BW Research Partnership Inc., in which he discussed the importance of geographical location and where to start in the business world. Students then ventured to various breakout sessions lead by dozens of professionals from all over San Diego County who showcased powerpoint presentations and hands-on activities pertaining to their fields.

After concluding the breakout sessions, the gym hosted a Q&A session for seniors with many of the various professionals. Seniors asked questions and the experts answered, a truly beneficial ending for all.

optimized-img_7239Sage Creek High School’s first WOW Day was a rousing success and was sure to put some students at ease.

I thought the breakout sessions were interesting and I was able learned more about those two specific career fields. I also learned more about the schooling it takes to get to those two positions in those career fields,” senior Hannah Lichtenberger stated.