The New Kid on the Block

Fire Station Three

A new fire station opens near the intersection of El Camino Real and College to replace the original and improve emergency response time. Due to the growth of Carlsbad, it has become necessary to upgrade our technology and expand the space used for emergency vehicles.

Fire Station number three has big accordion style doors and it is the “only station that has those doors” remarked Battalion Chief Chris Lawrence. These doors make maintenance and response times so much quicker. One of the other great features of this facility is its proximity to Sage Creek.

“It definitely makes me feel better. I like having a fire station right down the street” said junior Dakota Codington. The fire station also does not seem to be of any inconvenience for people in the neighborhood where it is located.

“In New York City, one of my apartments was near a fire station. It used to be [going off] every single night and here I don’t think we’ve heard it once” said Foothill resident Matthew Malvey. Some of this lack of noise could be attributed to the time frames of which most emergencies occur.

“Nine in the morning to nine at night is when most of the calls come in” said Battalion Chief Chris Lawrence. Battalion Chief Chris Lawrence would also like the public to know that the fire station is open for tours. Go check it out if you get the chance.