Birds in the Trap Album Review

An album full of flowing beats and meaningful lyrics that features some of the top rappers in the industry awaits you in, Birds in the Trap.

Travis Scott is known for his special ability to sing in multiple different voice frequencies which allows for a variety of beats to be played throughout his songs. For instance, there is major difference of musical components between the songs “Wonderful” and “SDP Interlude.”.

“Wonderful” was the album’s first early-release hit single due to the high tempo in beat, catchy chorus and feature by The Weeknd.   Scott truly expresses how wonderful life is in this track, however, “SDP Interlude brings” out the dark and harsh reality of it all.

“SDP” (smoke some, drink some, pop one) talks about the struggles he faces as a famous rapper and the exposure he has to items such as marijuana, alcohol, and painkillers.  That is where his emotion and feeling stem. These are the things he wants out of his life, however being in the music industry is the the lifestyle he chose.

Even with all the serious distractions in his life, Scott finds a way to use his talent and excel at what he does, which is his original and creative music. Many people will say that Scott may be too repetitive in a majority of his songs by adding too much of the chorus instead of singing alone, when in reality, most of his songs give listeners something similar to a roller coaster effect.

Almost all of Scott’s songs include a variety of distinguishing elements, which can become a little overwhelming. From the small beats in the background, to the main beats of the song and from the meaningful lyrics he expresses, to his “repetitive” choruses, Scott tends to blend too many elements which can confuse listeners.

He has this ability to lose people within his music because of his choices to combine so many different types of sounds. However, if you pay closer attention to the music and the lyrics, you can really learn to appreciate this style. A perfect example of this roller coaster effect is the first song in the album, “The Ends.”

It has the ideal mix of a slow and suspension introduction along with true meaningful lyrics, a feature from Andre 3000, and obviously beats that flow like no other. That’s just the first song, get ready for the other thirteen.

Alex EstesOct 20, 2016 at 1:57 pm

The Ends was a complete banger tbh, favorite one on the album

• S

Sarah ShinOct 11, 2016 at 11:11 am

Albums Lit. Straight flames from la flame. Lose is a banger!!!